TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 667,404 travelers just like you!

gardkarlsen
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Gard
Hometown: Stavanger, Norway
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Website: gardkarlsen.com
Join Date: June 30, 2007
Contributions: gardkarlsen has written about 145 places, shared 1,042 photos, left 873 comments, and smiled 1,903 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, showing people around my hometown, sharing travel tips and blogs
Travel Plans
Argentina
Apr 6, 2017 – Apr 18, 2017
Bejing, China
May 8, 2017 – May 13, 2017
Work
Asia
May 30, 2017 – Jun 12, 2017
Not sure where to go yet
» see all 20 future travel and dream destinations
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish
Interests
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Seeing the Great Wall of China, the view of Machu Picchu, seeing the Angkor Wat temples, the crystal clear and blue ocean at the Maldives, the view of the Norwegian mountains and fjords around Stavanger, finally reaching Uhuru peak on top of Kilimanjaro, being on a safari in South Africa and getting close to lions, elephants etc, taking the Shinkansen train in Japan, Rome in general, Paris in general, going to sumo wrestling in Tokyo...and so many other moments :-)
nazweenm says:
Yes few times, it's one of the popular beach here. Do visit the place if you visit Malaysia :)
Posted on: Mar 15, 2017
cimtech says:
Congrats on your new award !
Posted on: Aug 20, 2016
yuness says:
Congratz on your MHHR Award!
Posted on: Aug 18, 2016

gardkarlsen's Travel Blogs

My hometown Stavanger
Apr 20, 2012
I have a confession to make: I have not traveled to Stavanger in Norway...I live here. But I hope that I can contribute with in…
Overview 0 words 20 5 3

gardkarlsen's Travel Reviews

Ridiculously Expensive "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Longyearbyen, Svalbard
We had dinner at Huset on New Year’s Eve 2016! We arrived there at about 7 pm and I started up…
Expensive "Hotels & Accommodations" in Longyearbyen, Norway
We stayed at this hotel from December 30th 2016 until January 2nd 2017. We decided to splurge an…
Expensive "Hotels & Accommodations" in Alesund, Norway
We stayed at Quality Hotel Waterfront in Ålesund for one night in August 2016. It was easy to f…
Updated 2 months ago