TravBuddy is the #1 online travel community
Share hotel reviews, travel blogs, photos, travel advice and meet over 697,610 travelers just like you!

gardkarlsen
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Name: Gard
Hometown: Stavanger, Norway
Location: Stavanger, Norway
Website: gardkarlsen.com
Join Date: June 30, 2007
Contributions: gardkarlsen has written about 150 places, shared 1,068 photos, left 878 comments, and smiled 1,920 times.
Interested in: meeting new people, showing people around my hometown, sharing travel tips and blogs
Travel Plans
Countries I've Traveled To
Languages Spoken
English, Norwegian, Swedish, Danish
Interests
Music you might find me listening to while waiting for my plane
Most Memorable Travel Experience
Seeing the Great Wall of China, the view of Machu Picchu, seeing the Angkor Wat temples, the crystal clear and blue ocean at the Maldives, the view of the Norwegian mountains and fjords around Stavanger, finally reaching Uhuru peak on top of Kilimanjaro, being on a safari in South Africa and getting close to lions, elephants etc, taking the Shinkansen train in Japan, Rome in general, Paris in general, going to sumo wrestling in Tokyo...and so many other moments :-)
phillyboy says:
Check my trip timeline and let's meet somewhere!
Posted on: Jan 19, 2018
spocklogic says:
HBD!
Posted on: Jul 06, 2017
S-Jay says:
Not hiking on this trip but hopefully we will be coming back sometime soon to hike! We are off to lan kowi tomorrow x
Posted on: May 16, 2017

gardkarlsen's Travel Blogs

My hometown Stavanger
Apr 20, 2012
I have a confession to make: I have not traveled to Stavanger in Norway...I live here. But I hope that I can contribute with in…
Overview 0 words 20 5 3

gardkarlsen's Travel Reviews

Average priced "Restaurants, Cafes & Food" in Beijing, China
I visited this as we found an article online and it seemed like the location was a bit “exotic…
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Buenos Aires, Argentina
We stayed at Cyan Recoleta hotel for just one night in April 2017. We decided to stay here as we…
Average priced "Hotels & Accommodations" in Mendoza, Argentina
We stayed at Huentala hotel for 4 nights in April 2017. We booked the hotel online and I’m not…