#1 2-2-2018 3:43 AM

TheRoukmout
Belgium
Couch Potato

Reach Australia by boat ?

Hi everyone,

I'm planning a big trip at the end of 2019 and i was wondering if there is any chance to reach Australia by boat from Indonesia ? (or plane is the only option here ?)

Thanks in advance for your answers

#2 2-2-2018 5:15 AM

ulis
Uli
Vienna, Austria
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer

Re: Reach Australia by boat ?

Only cruise ships and yachts (maybe you can hitch a ride from Benoa/Kuta to Australia, did meet several times in cheap Kuta accomodations people ho had there yachts in Benoa harbor).

#3 2-2-2018 5:33 AM

TheRoukmout
Belgium
Couch Potato

Thank you ulis ! I've taken due note of this smile

#4 2-2-2018 8:27 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

There are different low cost airlines between Indonesia and Australia such as: Airasia, Jetstar, Malindo air and Batik air. As Uli said, is possible to cross the ocean if you are going on cruise ship or yacht boat

#5 2-2-2018 11:28 AM

Kathrin_E
Kathrin
Karlsruhe, Germany
Award: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer

If money is not an issue, there are also many large cargo vessels that take a certain number of passengers. The prices of these will equal a cruise, though.

#6 2-2-2018 1:47 PM

fransglobal
Francis
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Globetrotter

#7 2-6-2018 8:53 AM

Alex981
Alex
London, England
Couch Potato

Hi! I went on a cruise between Sydney and Singapore, which is close to Indonesia. So it's doable, but of course a cruise isn't the cheapest way to travel...

#8 2-7-2018 12:35 AM

EEEhehehe
AljaĆŸ
Vipolze, Slovenia
Sightseer

I highly reccomend a cargo ship if you are up for some adventure.

This route takes you from Indonesia to AUS, depends on the availability since the company tries to sell the whole journey (Singapore-Sydney). If there are free spots they will take you on for doing only part of the route (Jakarta-Fremantle) :
https://www.freighterexpeditions.com.au … ey-18-days

Costs are from 90-150$/day usually, depends on the ship. You get all you need on ship so you dont have to spend a single $ on the ship (except for some beers maybe - extremely cheap).

Board footer