#1 12-31-2017 10:57 PM

teedee
Texas, United States
Couch Potato

Advice needed for travelling to Barcelona in March

Hi, I'm planning to visit Barcelona in late March this year and stay there for 5 days. It seems to me that 3 days would be good enough for seeing around Barcelona. Would you recommend any places near by the city that would be good for a 1 or 2-day trip from Barcelona and has good views or landscapes?

TIA.

#2 1-1-2018 2:34 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Most Helpful Hotel ReviewerAward: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster I
Explorer

Re: Advice needed for travelling to Barcelona in March

Some people spend one week. But 3 days is good enough for me.
If you have 5 days you can take a day trip to Monserat. Girona is nice and worth to see, and accessible by bus or train from Barcelona

Last edited by shavy (1-1-2018 2:37 AM)

#3 12-31-2017 6:45 AM

Maurizioago
Maurizio
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IVAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist

You could visit Sitges. It is a nice sea side resort some km far from Barcelona. You can get there by direct train.

Otherwise you can visit Girona and Besalù. This is a beautiful Medieval village Both these places could be visited in a day; as a day trip from Barcelona.

Ciao!

#4 1-2-2018 1:39 AM

sarahelaine
Sarah Elaine
Manchester, England
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IVAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Globetrotter

Montserrat is a spectacular mountain, and it’s near the cava vineyards, some of which do tours. Cadaquez is the landscape up on the Costa brava that inspired Salvador Dali, and a very nice landscape.

#5 1-4-2018 9:06 PM

travel_geek
Toronto, Canada
Award: Vox Populi II
Wanderer

Both Montserrat and the cava caves are easy to get to by train, though they would have to done on separate trips.  The Freixenet cava cave is right next to the train station, and Codorniu is just a short cab ride away.

#6 1-7-2018 10:05 AM

teedee
Texas, United States
Couch Potato

Thanks everyone! Monserat and Girona look amazing. I think I'll check out these 2 places for some landscape photos then. Besalù and Cadaques look interesting too but I'll probably save them for the next visit.

Happy travelling!

#7 1-8-2018 8:27 AM

travellerlady
Couch Potato

maybe a one-day cruise to the Ibiza, Majorca or Minorca?

#8 1-9-2018 3:28 AM

DaveSwede
Batam, Indonesia
Award: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist

Don't know if you've already made up your mind, but Tarragona is another possibility.  Accessible by both bus or train.

You could also go up to Andorra.  It would not be a day trip, but at least an overnight.  Bus or self-drive is the only option since there is no airport or train station in the country.

#9 1-10-2018 5:23 PM

teedee
Texas, United States
Couch Potato

Thanks travellerlady and Dave! Those are good places smile Ibiza and Majorca look very fun though. I think I'll save them for the next trip when I have more time to chill out. Tarragona and Andorra look very ancient. I'll save them for the next trip too.

#10 1-10-2018 10:53 PM

Ranchero
Award: Vox Populi II
Wanderer

I think Figueres is a better choice than Girona, if you're a Dali fan - considering the huge Dali museum there.

Apart from them, I think 3 days in Barcelona is a very short time. You could spend 2 weeks and still discover something new. It's incredibly rich in attractions, sights...

In 3 days go for the top attractions: Güell Park, Sagrada Família, Casa Mila, Casa Battló, the Cathedral... wander around in Barri Gotic and El Born, visit the beach... and probably this will consume most of your time, especially standing in line at the museums!

Board footer