#1 11-26-2017 8:17 AM

Milan, Italy
Posts: 1

Oman

Hi all,
      I will visit Oman from next January 24th until 28th and I would like to visit at least the main places of this beautiful country.
Unfortunately all local travel agency charge at least 300 USD per day for single traveller for 7/8 hours tour without hotel or food that is quite expensive for me.

Since I don't feel confortable to rent a car on my own, can anyone of you suggest any idea how to travel Nizwa, Grand Canyon, Jebel Jams, Hambra with other people without spending a fortune ?

#2 11-26-2017 8:34 AM

ulis
Uli
Vienna, Austria
Wanderer
Posts: 437

Re: Oman

Public transport is rather limited, there is a shared taxi system but not easy to find the routes they take. The cheapest accommodation I could find was good but € 50. But small Indian/Pakistani restaurants can be reasonable. Personaly i don’t like to rent a car but it might be the cheapest way (went by bus from Dubai and was only short in Muskat).

#3 11-26-2017 9:43 AM

Bojasem
Taher
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad
Posts: 592

#4 11-27-2017 3:30 PM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Most Helpful Hotel ReviewerAward: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster I
Explorer
Posts: 1057

Re: Oman

If you don't want to drive taxi is your option, negotiate the driver before you go. Oman has good road for driving and renting car isn't really expensive

#5 12-10-2017 3:56 AM

vances
Vance
Dayton, Ohio
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer
Posts: 414

Re: Oman

You may want to reconsider renting a car.  We drove all over Oman and the roads are terrific.  Although we found the traffic in Muscat to be miserable, you should encounter very little in the destinations you want to visit.

Afraid I cannot think of any good alternative for a single traveler.

#6 12-22-2017 5:26 AM

akshay_18
Akshay
Mumbai, India
Posts: 4

Re: Oman

Well, the best thing you can do is to rent a car as I have visited Oman recently and frankly speaking local tour agency asks you to pay more than you expect also the public transport is not having good enough frequency and that will only panic you more.

#7 12-31-2017 2:17 PM

alghafri
Muscat, Oman
Posts: 2

Re: Oman

I can help you with guiding to someone who will be able to take you to thses places .
he will request less money from the agency . if u interested pls contact me

Board footer