#1 12-27-2017 7:48 PM

Montana, United States
Couch Potato
Posts: 19

Air Travel in Australia

Air travel in Australia.........how much cheaper is it to order tickets in advance compared to within a few days?

Here in the states you get punished severely if you don't get your tickets well in advance.

I was curious so I did a quick search experiment with ticket prices for getting around Australia. I searched the same flights within 1 week and then about 2 months out and it appeared that the price was close to the same. If that's true.... I am thrilled because I could be more flexible with my plans. If its not true then I will just have to be more diligent in my planning because my dream trip to Oz includes much flying.

My overall plan was to be flexible and if I liked an area I would stay longer...or not...etc

T

#2 12-27-2017 8:00 PM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Most Helpful Hotel ReviewerAward: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster I
Explorer
Posts: 1057

Re: Air Travel in Australia

Hmmmm I’m not sure what you see. Booking in advance is always cheaper than a last minute. Australia has a few budget airlines but to get the fair price booking in advance in needed. I have my trip next year to OZ in May, I book all my domestic flights already.

#3 12-27-2017 1:56 AM

elizabethtrvl
Couch Potato
Posts: 17

Re: Air Travel in Australia

sounds great smile yeah most of the flights to Australia with cheapest ticket you can found online travel agency..that is the best option i think..

#4 12-28-2017 6:26 PM

az2012
Perth, Australia
Sightseer
Posts: 86

Re: Air Travel in Australia

Booking in advance is always cheaper and even the budget airlines (Tiger, Jetstar) could double in price if you book a week in advance instead of a month.

For Australia Webjet is one of the better online travel agencies for booking flights.

Board footer