#1 11-8-2017 5:44 AM

Jigg
Žiga
Award: Community LeaderAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster I
Posts: 676

UAE + Oman Renting a Car

We're flying into Dubai and plan to rent a car there for 9 days.
The plan is to drive to Oman for 5-6 days.

I've been looking at offers from car rental agencies and additional insurance (basic car) for drivinng to Oman is close to 200 eur. Is this a normal going rate or are there any agencies where we could get a better deal? Also the mileage is often limited, so we need to consider additional kilometer fees, as we plan to do a lot of driving.

Also, are there any additional fees (such as Oman road insurance / tax) when entering or exiting Oman?

#2 11-8-2017 9:38 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Posts: 931

Re: UAE + Oman Renting a Car

There are a few car rentals in Dubai offered unlimited kilometers like Budget, Europcar, Avis, Fast rent A car and Hertz. Also note that you can not easily cross the border with Oman from Dubai. Inquire at the car rental company in advance. When crossing the border they charged extra insurance. Oman has an excellent road network, if you plan to drive inland (desert) best with 4x4. A regular car is sufficient for Urban Oman

#3 11-9-2017 6:03 AM

victor7878
Award: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster I
Posts: 538

Re: UAE + Oman Renting a Car

Try contacting this company, I rented once a car with UAE & Oman insurance included and they have all type of cars.

#4 11-10-2017 12:56 AM

pilgrim68
Chris
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IV
Explorer
Posts: 1360

#5 11-10-2017 1:34 AM

Jigg
Žiga
Posts: 676

Re: UAE + Oman Renting a Car

Thanks everyone for replies.
I will check the agencies' websites for rates.

Board footer