#1 6-17-2017 6:38 PM

Los Angeles meetup - 10th anniversary of December 8 2007 meetup

Good day. Almost 10 years ago when TravBuddy was relatively new, a group of West Coast based TravBuddies had a meetup in Los Angeles. In fact, Melanie's blog was featured and I am sharing the link here http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/21122/

I will be in Los Angeles about December 8th this year and wanted to meet some of those who were at that meetup (I didn't sign up for TravBuddy until 2012). So if you were there (and btw, this is also a meetup in general whether you joined TravBuddy only today or back in 2006), let me know if we can have an anniversary meetup so you reminisce those good times (and for those who weren't there, look forward to more good meetups in the future).

I can set up the meetup ID in a few days but I would like to see first who are in the area (Los Angeles or SoCal), and then I will reach out to those who are likely to attend, and then we can start the planning. I will be appointing co-organizers as we go along.

So, who's up for this?

December 8th, 2017 big_smile

#2 7-28-2017 3:36 AM

Re: Los Angeles meetup - 10th anniversary of December 8 2007 meetup

I also have the option of holding the meetup in Las Vegas, as V and Melanie (plus a few other TBs) are based there.

#3 8-20-2017 9:17 PM

cotton_foam
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer VAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

#4 8-23-2017 4:13 PM

#5 8-26-2017 6:58 PM

#6 8-30-2017 7:10 PM

#7 8-30-2017 9:49 PM

Ok that's great!!

Are you creating a TB MEETUP page then?
Thanks, Nolan!!

#8 9-5-2017 2:02 AM

Ok that's great!!

Are you creating a TB MEETUP page then?
Thanks, Nolan!!

Of course!

Here is the meetup ID - http://www.travbuddy.com/meet-up/view.php?id=1625

I will create a separate discussion on the forum thread for this as well.

#9 9-24-2017 12:52 PM

Re: Los Angeles meetup - 10th anniversary of December 8 2007 meetup

Nolan, I checked the Meetup Page you have created.  I confirmed my attendance (although, up until now, I'm still shopping for air tickets.  ;-)  Also, I invited a few TBs from my friends list.  Hope to hear from you.

#10 9-25-2017 3:33 AM

cotton_foam wrote:

Cool, see you in Manila this December.

#11 9-27-2017 1:47 AM

Re: Los Angeles meetup - 10th anniversary of December 8 2007 meetup

I'm considering having the meetup in Tucson or Phoenix instead. Likely December 7th. Plans still evolving.

#12 10-5-2017 5:54 AM

Award: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I
Tourist
Posts: 188

Re: Los Angeles meetup - 10th anniversary of December 8 2007 meetup

Would also attend  Los Angels and Prob Vegas....

#14 11-27-2017 10:44 PM

blenderboy wrote:

Would also attend  Los Angels and Prob Vegas....

Jim - since we missed each other in Phoenix the other night, I will be meeting up with Virginia in Las Vegas on Tuesday evening. No venue decided yet but we will update each other with FaceBook and WhatsApp.

#15 11-28-2017 11:20 PM

lachicktravels
V
Los Angeles, California
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad
Posts: 549

Re: Los Angeles meetup - 10th anniversary of December 8 2007 meetup

So nice to be able to meet up Nolan! I haven't been active here for a long time. I'll do my best to stay active here.

#16 11-29-2017 12:23 AM

lachicktravels wrote:

V, glad we were able to meet! Really enjoyed the chat and hope you can organize more USA meetups, especially in the West Coast which I likely will visit again twice next year.

Board footer