#1 10-4-2017 1:10 PM

Posts: 4

HOW TO CARRY THE PILL WITHOUT IT BEING TAKEN OUT FOR CHECKING ?

Hello.

My gf is going from india to dubai with her family.

She has to carry birth-control-pills with her for the trip as she cant miss them.

The Pill is a combination pill of D-esogestrol and Ethinylestradiol.

Is it possible to carry it in cabin luggage? Or will it be taken out to be checked at the security after screening? As her uncle & aunt should not see that strip of pill.

Or should she send it in cargo luggage?

Also, would it be taken out from cargo luggage after screening for checking the medicine? as again, her uncle and aunt should not see it.

Basically, how should she carry them without it being taken out for checking after screening?

ANYBODY WHO HAS HAD EXPERIENCE, PLEASE HELP

Manchester, England
Globetrotter
Posts: 5952

Re: HOW TO CARRY THE PILL WITHOUT IT BEING TAKEN OUT FOR CHECKING ?

It's not a liquid, so it would only be seen if they emptied everything out of her bag - which is rare in the public areas of the airport, even if they search your bag fully it's never seen.  It's far too common for any airport to want to screen it, the dogs don't react to it and it can just sit quietly in a different bag in the bottom of whatever luggage she chooses to carry. If she chooses to stick it in the cargo hold - which is a bigger risk because the bag might get lost - but no one ever empties the cargo bag in front of other people in a modern airport.  In the very rare case it's searched it's searched in private.   I was on the pill for roughly ten years and it was never once checked in an airport.  I don't think she should have a problem.

Also, if by chance it is seen at some point in the trip, the pill isn't always prescribed solely for contraceptive purposes.  Mum and I told my dad it had been prescribed to me for painful period control, and it's also sometimes prescribed for cysts or acne.  So there are easy and plausible stories she could tell that don't involve letting on she's in need of contraception.  And she might want to think about injection or implant for the future - just as reliable and just as reversible but takes out the issue of having to hide any pills.

Last edited by sarahelaine (10-4-2017 1:28 PM)

#3 10-4-2017 2:11 PM

#4 10-4-2017 4:58 PM

stefaniegreen
Stefanie
Jamestown, Pennsylvania
Award: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Spambuster I
Sightseer
Posts: 65

Re: HOW TO CARRY THE PILL WITHOUT IT BEING TAKEN OUT FOR CHECKING ?

I carried mine in my purse as well and did not have any issues either with going thru security check.

#5 10-4-2017 10:09 PM

sarahelaine wrote:

Thankyou so much ! big_smile

#6 10-4-2017 10:10 PM

shavy wrote:

Thanks a lot for the response ! big_smile

Did u carry it in the box of the medicine or the loose strip alone ?

Last edited by jacob92 (10-4-2017 10:37 PM)

#7 10-4-2017 10:12 PM

stefaniegreen wrote:

Thank you so much for the response! big_smile

Did u carry it in the box of the medicine or the loose strip alone ?

Last edited by jacob92 (10-4-2017 10:38 PM)

#8 10-4-2017 11:12 PM

Thanks a lot for the response ! big_smile

I carry the box with 3 stips in it

#9 10-5-2017 12:06 AM

Lotus28
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 1958

Re: HOW TO CARRY THE PILL WITHOUT IT BEING TAKEN OUT FOR CHECKING ?

I was prescribed pills to move the schedule of my menstrual period for travel and took them along as well. She can easily use this excuse when she was seen her having ones.

Mines were not in the box. They were just strips and in a paper bag given by a pharmacy.

#10 10-5-2017 5:08 AM

milestx
Miles
Austin, Texas
Sightseer
Posts: 70

Re: HOW TO CARRY THE PILL WITHOUT IT BEING TAKEN OUT FOR CHECKING ?

If she is concerned about somebody seeing the strip, could she take them all out and put into a little bottle labeled "antacid" or "aspirin" or something similar?

#11 10-5-2017 6:26 AM

sarahelaine
Sarah Elaine
Manchester, England
Globetrotter
Posts: 5952

milestx wrote:

As a rule, they're a totally different size - contraception is absolutely tiny compared to antacids and aspirins.  So you'd automatically look like a liar.  If you're going to lie, I'd go for being absolutely bare faced from square one - "oh, aunty, it's so embarrassing!  The doctor has given me these pills for my acne/period pain/ so I don't get a period on holiday, but they're the same ones as contraception! I don't know what I will tell my uncle if he sees...".  It's just more plausible than "yes, I have extra tiny antacids!".  wink

#12 10-5-2017 7:33 PM

grandmar
RosalieAnn
Leonardtown, Maryland
Wanderer
Posts: 433

Re: HOW TO CARRY THE PILL WITHOUT IT BEING TAKEN OUT FOR CHECKING ?

I have some very tiny pills for cholesterol which are about the same size as contraceptive pills.  I have been told to carry my medications in the original bottles, but I have so many of them now, that I put them in one of those carriers which have compartments for each day.  I have 3 pills for high blood pressure, two pills for asthma, one for cholesterol and I also have two 81 mg coated aspirin (which are pretty small), a big calcium pill, vitamin B12, and big gel capsules which are flaxseed oil and fish oil.  So she could possibly put the pills in with vitamins and calcium and other supplements.  If she had a couple of big vitamin or calcium pills in each compartment, the BC pills might be overlooked in the remote chance that they were seen during customs inspection.  I think there would be more chance of them being seen in the bathroom

Board footer