#26 7-23-2017 11:30 PM

cotton_foam
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer VAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Globetrotter

Re: Travel apps

In our most recent trip the google translate was very very helpful!!!

#27 7-24-2017 3:27 AM

jessicapinto
Jissica
Chicago, Illinois
Couch Potato

How use it?

#28 10-4-2017 5:41 AM

geg1982
London, England
Couch Potato

Although biased, i really like the HOOF app, it lets you log all your travels into easy to manage folders, you can control who sees your check ins and you collect miles and passport stamps as you travel. Does the job for me!

#29 10-4-2017 6:12 AM

milestx
Miles
Austin, Texas
Sightseer

I'll second that Google Translate can be useful. You need to pre-load the language(s) before you travel. In Japan I was able to point the camera at characters and see their translations into English.

#30 10-4-2017 7:13 AM

katzgar
Award: Vox Populi II
Wanderer

Just saw this on tv, it is supposed to be a great way to learn a language and its free.   https://www.duolingo.com/

#31 10-8-2017 12:31 PM

hillarytaylor78
Hillary
South Carolina, United States
Couch Potato

i find ReutePerfect a simple and useful travel planner it caters to what you want so if you want a cheap weekend get away or a luxury treat you can have it all and change it while you travel

#32 10-10-2017 10:52 AM

Tim14
Couch Potato

Personally, I have used some travel apps that I found really useful, especially for people that don't know the city and want to get a glimpse of all the famous places that they can visit there. My personal story was with Amsterdam, when I got there all I knew was the Right Lights District, well, because, we all know why. But with the app that I used, that is called 360stories, I could "travel" and explore the city without before stepping outside with the help of vr and 360 aerial photography.

After using the app  I felt like I was already somewhat familiar with the city and if you compare it to conventional maps or even Google Maps, it is still huge amount of aid.

For those that are interested, there are similar websites that do the same like Kuula, but not as detailed as the one that I have used personally and can talk about in depth.

Thanks! And if you found it helpful let me know so I can share more of my experience with anything that's travel-related.

- Tim

Board footer