#26 4-9-2017 2:32 AM

nolan
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

Re: Trans-Siberian Meetup 2018: East meets West

Just would like to share this featured blog by Hasan (TravBuddy cimtech). Very well documented, and a good read:

http://www.travbuddy.com/travel-blogs/139435/

#27 5-25-2017 2:21 AM

nolan
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

Bumping this thread as things are a bit slow these days.

Many of those planning to go are in the midst of traveling, but updates and suggestions are always welcome here!

#28 6-27-2017 5:23 AM

nolan
Explorer

For those who are interested, I have created a first planning draft of the trip using an app/website called Travefy. Let me know if you'd like to be part of the group - no commitments on joining, those who just want to know more about how the trip will materialize, your feedback is also appreciated.

#29 8-26-2017 2:05 AM

nolan
Explorer

OK will be waiting for updates from Brett (bitethelime) regarding his recent trans-Siberian trip. We can then plan how the side trips will go.

#30 8-26-2017 8:11 AM

margunn
margunn
Bergen, Norway
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

I'm still thinking about this one. Will make up my mind in the beginning of next year

#31 8-28-2017 2:13 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad

I'm looking a trip to Mongolia if there is a meet-up would be nice, but can't make it in May or June 2018 as we already book a flight to Brisbane. December 2018 we haven't fixed a destination, considering of going to Namibia but haven't book anything yet. Can this meet-up move to 2019? big_smile

#32 9-7-2017 3:03 AM

samina
India
Award: Happy Happy Happy
Couch Potato

I am interested......cannot miss this one !!!

#33 9-9-2017 4:29 AM

nolan
Explorer

shavy wrote:

I'm looking a trip to Mongolia if there is a meet-up would be nice, but can't make it in May or June 2018 as we already book a flight to Brisbane. December 2018 we haven't fixed a destination, considering of going to Namibia but haven't book anything yet. Can this meet-up move to 2019? big_smile

Too early to tell. But you definitely need to meetup in the summer for Mongolia and Siberia, far fewer people are willing to meet in the dead of winter.

#34 9-9-2017 5:49 AM

fransglobal
Francis
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Globetrotter

You don't need to go to Siberia in summer. I'm not really interested in travelling anywhere in summer. I'd love to do the Trans-Siberian in autumn. Or possibly spring.

#35 9-17-2017 9:06 PM

nolan
Explorer

fransglobal wrote:

You don't need to go to Siberia in summer. I'm not really interested in travelling anywhere in summer. I'd love to do the Trans-Siberian in autumn. Or possibly spring.

Francis - we thought about that as well. However the highlight is probably the Naadam Festival in Mongolia, happening July 10th onwards. So that's why we're working around those dates in the summer.

Of course, there can always be mini-meetups on different dates along the trans-Siberian route. That could probably be discussed in greater detail once we have a definite group of people who agree on where to catch up with the rest.

Admittedly we still have a rough draft and I am also semi-burdened with a few other trips and meetups prior to July 2018.

Cheers

#36 9-24-2017 6:56 AM

bula_niki
Niki
Cambridge, England
Sightseer

I'm interested. I was hoping to do this same trip (Nadaam in Mongolia, then trans siberian to Moscow) in 2015, but then life got in the way.

#37 9-24-2017 6:57 AM

bula_niki
Niki
Cambridge, England
Sightseer

My Russian is pretty rusty, but this would give me a chance to practice!

#38 9-27-2017 1:48 AM

nolan
Explorer

bula_niki wrote:

I'm interested. I was hoping to do this same trip (Nadaam in Mongolia, then trans siberian to Moscow) in 2015, but then life got in the way.

Niki - so you're planning to fly into Ulan Baatar or Beijing? I assume early July?

#39 10-2-2017 6:56 AM

ellechic
New York, New York
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist

will have to bump this trip next year to 2019. decided to do Antarctica in Nov/Dec 2018 instead.

#40 10-7-2017 11:35 AM

victor7878
Award: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi III
Nomad

I'm interested but probably can't do more than 2 weeks

#41 10-10-2017 7:06 AM

samina
India
Award: Happy Happy Happy
Couch Potato

count me in!! been waiting to do this for a long time. July sounds good to me....earlier may not be possible for me. i would like to start at some part of Russia.

Board footer