#26 6-23-2017 12:54 PM

Africancrab
Harriet
Tucson, Arizona
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer VAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IVAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 1354

wouternet wrote:

I added The Onion Collective as the meetup place: http://www.travbuddy.com/meet-up/view.php?id=1607.
The staff knows about it and will help us organise everything smile

That makes it easier. Thanks

#27 6-24-2017 2:03 AM

wouternet
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi I

Africancrab wrote:

Its been a while since my last meet-up and my wander lust has be scratching myself silly. I'm a maybe right now. What accommodation options are available, I do not mind having a room mate, I plan to travel alone or with my sister if she confirms.

Hi Harriet!  It would be amazing if you can join!  I still have never met you in person, so it's about time wink

As the meetup place is in the center of Ubud, there's plenty of accommodation options around there, ranging from cheap homestays and guesthouses to luxury resorts and everything in between. All within walking distances.

One guesthouse that I can highly recommend is across the street and called "Nugraha Guest House 2".

Last edited by wouternet (6-24-2017 2:04 AM)

#28 6-26-2017 9:48 AM

flightofideas
Patrick
Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 5

Re: Indonesia meetup November 2017 - likely before November 15, 2017

anyone interested in going to Nusa Penida (an island southern part of Bali, 45 minutes by ferry from Sanur)? Me and one of my friend are planning to go there before or after the meet-up. The more people to join, the cheaper we spend for this trip. We're planning to stay there for one or two night because the island pretty big not enough only for one day.

#29 6-27-2017 5:20 AM

flightofideas wrote:

Can you share in this thread an itinerary and expected costs? And maybe compare it with Lombok?

#30 6-28-2017 7:25 AM

yayai
Posts: 34

flightofideas wrote:

Planning to just lazing around at one of the beaches (haven't figure out which one yet) after the meetup, this sounds like a good option, would love to know the cost as well

#31 7-5-2017 9:21 AM

I'm definitely interested!

#32 8-3-2017 9:35 AM

lagertha
Ubud, Indonesia
Posts: 1

Re: Indonesia meetup November 2017 - likely before November 15, 2017

Hi Nolan and friends, I'm a newbie here, so I don't know how to change the RSVP. I've confirmed myself to join the gathering, but due to some issues, i need to cancel that.

Have fun, guys!

#33 8-7-2017 7:21 AM

Re: Indonesia meetup November 2017 - likely before November 15, 2017

How far is Ubud from Airport and what is the best mode of travel from Airport to Ubud. I'm reaching early morning at around 2am so please inform accordingly. Secondly car rentals at airport are possible and if yes is it open early morning. Third what is the tentative per day rent for the car. I'm told it is quite economical.

#34 8-9-2017 1:45 AM

sanfoodie wrote:

Ubud is a bit far but at 2AM there should hardly be any traffic. So less than an hour for the 35 km. from Ngurah Rai Airport to the Onion Collective.

https://www.google.com.ph/maps/dir/Ngur … 332680!3e0

DIRECTIONS
from Ngurah Rai International Airport
Jalan Raya Gusti Ngurah Rai, Tuban, Kuta, Badung Regency, Bali 80362, Indonesia

Take Jl. Airport Ngurah Rai to Bali Mandara/Jl. Nusa Dua – Bandara Ngurah Rai – Benoa Toll Road
7 min (2.9 km)

Take Jl. By Pass Ngurah Rai to Jl. Wage Rudolf Supratman in Kota Denpasar
30 min (18.1 km)

Take Jl. Raya Batubulan, Jl. Raya Singapadu and Jl. A.A. Gede Rai to your destination in Ubud
31 min (14.3 km)
The Onion Collective
Jl. Raya Pengosekan Ubud, Ubud, Gianyar, Bali 80571, IndonesiaNgurah Rai International Airport
Jalan Raya Gusti Ngurah Rai, Tuban, Kuta, Badung Regency, Bali 80362, Indonesia

Arrive at The Onion Collective
Jl. Raya Pengosekan Ubud, Ubud, Gianyar, Bali 80571, Indonesia

#35 8-9-2017 3:47 AM

Re: Indonesia meetup November 2017 - likely before November 15, 2017

Nolan, could you please inform if car rental office at the Airport remains open during night? I am also exploring the other option of staying some where near to the Airport like Kuta the night I arrive for a day and then move to Ubud after breakfast. Any suggestions

#36 8-9-2017 7:03 AM

sanfoodie wrote:

Can't answer you on that, Sanjeev. I'm not the local there and I have no contacts in the tour agencies from Ubud or Bali.

But you could always take that option you mentioned. Either Jimbaran or Kuta should work fine if arriving at the airport about 2AM.

Cebu Pacific flights arrive about 8 in the morning, that's about 5+ hours from the time of your arrival.

#37 8-9-2017 11:10 PM

sanfoodie wrote:

I can arrange airport pickups for everyone. I don't think it will be a problem to pick you up at 2 am.

This is the guy we usually work with in Ubud, very reliable: Bali with Brick

He can also arrange the sight seeing for us.

#38 8-9-2017 11:35 PM

Re: Indonesia meetup November 2017 - likely before November 15, 2017

I noticed that accommodations are filling up fast in Ubud for the weekend of 4 November.
So, I'd advise everyone to book a room asap.

The guesthouse that I recommend and where I will stay, Nugraha Guest House 2, still has 2 rooms available.

So, if you want to stay there, better book it now. smile

#39 8-10-2017 5:05 AM

This is the guy we usually work with in Ubud, very reliable: Bali with Brick

He can also arrange the sight seeing for us.

Thanks for the advise once again. I believe I am taking all your advise seriously ha ha ha

#40 9-17-2017 9:11 PM

Re: Indonesia meetup November 2017 - likely before November 15, 2017

Anybody plan some side trips for this meetup aside from those that were mentioned already?

Just a thought - how about from Bali to Gilimanuk to Banyuwangi to Surabaya? And to visit the blue flame of Mt. Ijen?

#41 9-21-2017 8:11 AM

nolan wrote:

I'm very interested in visiting Mt. Ijen. How much time you think we need for it?

#42 9-25-2017 5:12 PM

bullmike76
mike
Monkey Mia, Australia
Posts: 2

Re: Indonesia meetup November 2017 - likely before November 15, 2017

Bugger i get there the day after it finished oh well such is life!

#43 9-27-2017 1:45 AM

nolan wrote:

Probably at least 2 nights, from and back to Bali. Overnight is doable but it will be a mini episode of The Amazing Race.

#44 10-8-2017 7:39 AM

bullmike76 wrote:

Bugger i get there the day after it finished oh well such is life!

We'll still be around

#45 10-9-2017 11:59 PM

Hi everyone!
I want you all to know that this meetup is still happening, no matter what happens to the Mt Agung volcano!

Ubud, where we will meet, is NOT in the danger zone and there's only a small chance that an eruption happens right before the meetup.
The worst case that can happen is that the Denpasar airport will be closed because of ash clouds. Flights will then be rerouted to other airports though, and you'll still be able to reach Bali.
Other people, like myself, will already be in Ubud or plan to reach Bali from Java or Lombok anyway, so there will be a meetup for sure.

I hope to see many of you there!

#46 10-11-2017 5:12 AM

bhush2006
Bhushan
Pune, India
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer
Posts: 467

Re: Indonesia meetup November 2017 - likely before November 15, 2017

Wouter and friends.. all the best and enjoy a lot.
My wishes that everything goes well.

Hi everyone!

I hope to see many of you there!

#47 10-14-2017 12:16 AM

Re: Indonesia meetup November 2017 - likely before November 15, 2017

Thanks Bhushan!  It's sad that you can't join this meetup.  I hope to meet you in India next year! smile

#48 Yesterday 11:21 PM

flightofideas
Patrick
Jakarta, Indonesia
Posts: 5

Re: Indonesia meetup November 2017 - likely before November 15, 2017

Hi Wouter and Nolan, apologize that I could not come to the meet up because my friend come a week later to Indonesia but will be in Bali from Nov 14 - 17. Then we're planning to go to Komodo for island hopping and see the last dinosaur. if anyone still around at that date let's meet up.

here is link about Nusa Penida island I told earlier on this thread, try googling nusa penida, alamindonesia.co.id
It's just one of the travel agent that provides tour around, but i recommend to visit. I went there once myself and it was breathtakingly awesome. you can take one day trip or spend a night there.

And last Nolan, are u still come to Jakarta first? at what date?

Last edited by flightofideas (Yesterday 11:22 PM)

Board footer