#1 9-21-2017 10:15 AM

Raleigh, North Carolina
Couch Potato
Posts: 2

What to do in Key Largo

Ok I tried this before, but it seemed to start an argument and I didn't really get an productive advice, so I thought I would ask again.

I am going to Key Largo this November mainly to do a lot of Scuba Diving, I have already booked my dives at Rainbow Reef, and I have already rented a 1bdrm house on VRBO (on Marina Ave.) What I am looking for is things to do when I am not diving, specifically good spots for night life, good bars to hang out at, etc. My day time activities are pretty much handled.

So what are some good local hot spots, where other travelers and locals hangout, I would like to have the chance to meet other people and make some new friends. Thanks everyone.

#2 9-21-2017 1:59 PM

Re: What to do in Key Largo

I'm sorry I allowed a troll to distract me.  However I don't know what you will be able to do in Key Largo or anywhere in the Keys after Hurricane Irma.  I'm guessing that you scrapped the Key West part of the trip.

My son-in-law has a boat in a marina there and they often go out to eat and drink when they are down there.

I went back on his Facebook page and found the Island Grill

https://www.facebook.com/islandgrillkey … p5zFnO8-Mg

Jimmy Johnson's Big Chill in Key Largo
https://www.facebook.com/JimmyJohnsonsB … k7FXsXHcvg

And Dillon's Grill in Tavernier
https://www.facebook.com/DillonsPubAndG … q1v2J9jt80

Old Tavernier Seafood Restaurant ยท Tavernier, FL

I cannot guarantee that these places would still be open, but my daughter and her friends seemed to like them.

Last edited by grandmar (9-21-2017 2:09 PM)

#3 9-22-2017 8:20 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Nomad
Posts: 828

Re: What to do in Key Largo

Sorry about the troll, we reported the troll already hopefully he/she not distracting the forum anymore
and you got a better answer of your question.

Last edited by shavy (9-22-2017 8:21 AM)

#4 9-22-2017 10:07 AM

katzgar
Award: Vox Populi II
Posts: 286

Re: What to do in Key Largo

there are some great ideas on this thread...    "Planning Solo Trip to Key Largo"  The keys are closed to visitors at this time, hard to say when they will reopen.  Check with your property.   http://www.fla-keys.com/news/article/10133/

#5 9-22-2017 11:44 AM

shavy wrote:

and you got a better answer of your question.

You may be thinking of someone different because he's still around and occasionally says something sensible

#6 9-22-2017 12:34 PM

Posts: 828

grandmar wrote:

shavy wrote:

and you got a better answer of your question.

Nope, it was not a different person Rosaline. You know who I mean smile Well see what happen, more people reported already

#7 9-25-2017 8:22 AM

Re: What to do in Key Largo

brglock, if you have written Key West off your list, you might want to reconsider.  Key West is open for business again - the bars are open and the cruise ships are back.  It might be a little quieter than usual, but you can go and walk down Duval Street.  The main area that was hit was Big Pine.

Board footer