#1 8-21-2017 7:44 AM

Maidenhead, England
Award: Vox Populi II
Posts: 331

why do we travel?

why do we travel? WELL....

....why do we eat, shit, sleep, fuck, lie, steal, consume, exploit, and totally insult others?

coz we GOTTA !!

Posts: 960

Good question big_smile

#3 8-21-2017 8:55 AM

Re: why do we travel?

In my position as an unbearable goody-goody, I'd argue that insulting people is usually optional. Satisfying, on occasion. But optional. 😉 Travel on the other hand...

Last edited by sarahelaine (8-21-2017 8:56 AM)

#4 8-21-2017 12:13 PM

Kathrin_E
Kathrin
Karlsruhe, Germany
Award: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 273

Re: why do we travel?

Stealing and telling lies are also optional.

#5 8-21-2017 4:26 PM

ilikeitlikethat
Bobby
Soho London, United Kingdom
Posts: 186

Re: why do we travel?

Because I'm 30 and I plan to travel when I'm 31 on this trip and would like to do this trip so when it's time for a mid life crises, I'd look back on it and say 'done/check' and not worry about having to do it then (and worry about doing something else instead).

Why do we travel?
Because the planet has things I've only seen on things like TV or the internet or printed and unless I go, will only ever see on TV or the internet or printed.

Last edited by ilikeitlikethat (8-21-2017 4:37 PM)

#6 8-22-2017 4:12 AM

gemmapurcell
Gemma
Posts: 43

Re: why do we travel?

We believe that traveling around the world shouldn’t be hard: it’s actually something everyone should be able to do at least once in their lives. Whether you choose to spend a few years or just a couple months traveling this beautiful planet, it’s important to see what’s out there. It’s up to you to make the dream come true and take the first step. Launch TripPlanner to piece together and price your ideal route.

#7 8-22-2017 9:56 AM

Kathrin_E wrote:

Stealing and telling lies are also optional.

Yes, them too. I agree.

Although answering the question, I have had many reasons for traveling for different trips.  I've worked abroad, I've traveled for weddings, I have needed a bit of sunshine because it is never reliably sunny here, I have wanted to see a specific art exhibition.  I have needed to see friends and party, or I have needed to be alone and climb hills and recharge my batteries.  I heard the best food in the world was in Penang (and so far have not been proved wrong on that). I have wanted to see temples, or mountains, or wildlife in the wild that just isn't possible in Manchester UK.

I suspect it's a bit genetic - dad was at sea, and mum's ancestors wandered around the British Empire being ministers or civil servants.

I suspect I also have a low boredom threshold.

#8 8-23-2017 4:37 AM

Aaron101
Aaron
Maidenhead, England
Award: Vox Populi II
Posts: 331

Re: why do we travel?

for me the reasons was parents dragging me along on their narc adventures when I was a kid, then when a bit older meeting women I encountered on internet chat rooms (mostly US, some eastern Europe), and lately just work related.

in all situations, it's never been really my choice...

#9 8-23-2017 7:18 AM

grandmar
RosalieAnn
Leonardtown, Maryland
Posts: 461

Re: why do we travel?

I mostly travel because i like being in new places, or going back to places I've been to see new things or how time has affected them.  I like to take pictures of the new things or the old places.  I come by it naturally - my parents traveled, and my grandparents traveled.  I have a post card my maternal grandfather (who lived in Pennsylvania) sent from Hawaii to my grandmother (who was then in NC). My paternal grandmother and her family emigrated to the US (Colorado) from Germany in the 1890s.

#10 8-26-2017 6:07 AM

milestx
Miles
Austin, Texas
Sightseer
Posts: 85

Re: why do we travel?

Many of us travel because we are looking for new experiences.

#11 8-28-2017 3:06 PM

linett
linet
Kampala, Uganda

Re: why do we travel?

I travel because i want to see new places, to relax my mind, to create new possibilities and of course meeting new people. Traveling has a way it widens one's thinking. it gives you a chance to leave your comfort zone, see the good in others and appreciate what we have. Some times i travel for no reason to be honest.

#12 8-29-2017 12:03 AM

bhush2006
Bhushan
Pune, India
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 467

Hi

I travel to -
1) See interesting places
2) Taste amazing food.
3) Meet nice people and learn about their cultures
4) and the most important is Go Out of Comfort zone and try something different on my own.

Bhushan

#14 8-30-2017 8:38 PM

travlnflyn_guy
Jeff
United States
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster III
Nomad
Posts: 638

Re: why do we travel?

Cos us Travbuddiers have the DRD4 gene.

http://elitedaily.com/life/culture/wand … el/953464/

#15 9-2-2017 11:54 AM

planxty
Fergy
London, England
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 167

Re: why do we travel?

I travel because I can and at my age this is going to be an ever-decreasing window of opportunity with health issues and so on.

As an aside, I would not disagree with Sarahelaine, Penang has some stunning food.

#16 9-4-2017 4:03 AM

evil_smiley
Philippines
Posts: 4

Re: why do we travel?

I travel to see the world, learn new cultures, see interesting places and eat a lot of food. Working 8 hours a day is just boring so I need to travel to take a break or I'll lose my sanity.

#17 9-4-2017 5:52 AM

Raymond85
Raymond
California City, California
Posts: 3

Re: why do we travel?

To explore the world and discover ourselves amidst the nature.

#18 9-5-2017 2:38 AM

samsmith
Sam
Posts: 4

Re: why do we travel?

To refresh mind and change mood.

#19 9-7-2017 3:46 AM

Kathmandu1
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 339

Re: why do we travel?

Cause we are tired of being in same existing.

#20 9-13-2017 8:30 PM

doitung98
Khambhee
Bangkok, Thailand
Posts: 8

Re: why do we travel?

Wanna have experience in new things

Are you interested to travel in Thailand?
Do you like shopping and beauty stuffs?

I can take you to the best places for your favorite shopping and beauty style in Bangkok.

#21 9-13-2017 11:41 PM

Traveleering
Avi
Chandigarh, India
Posts: 11

Travel  lol
Travel word is very frequent. We travel home to office, hospital, school, and many. We never name such things as we are travelling, but we shout too much when we are on long route. why

#22 9-14-2017 3:04 AM

Traveleering wrote:

Travel  lol

Because they are totally different things.

In British English at least, although "I travelto work" might be technically correct, it's rare and would usually imply a longer than usual journey. It would be more common to say "I commute to work," "I drive to work," I take a train to work", (regular place of employment) or "I'm traveling to a conference for work" (unusual journey to a city further away for a specific purpose). Similarly I wouldn't say "tomorrow I must travel to the hospital/school/shops", I would say "tomorrow I am going to the hospital/school/shops"

Most people, when they say "travel", imply further away than average, new surroundings, and an element of unfamiliar or less familiar food, surroundings and weather. It's usually more fun, or at least more new, and theeefore something to shout about. And it's frankly a bit odd to come on a travel website and act surprised that we like talking "too much" about traveling.

#23 9-17-2017 10:29 AM

priyankashanaya

Re: why do we travel?

Travelling is not just a treat to your eyes,it’s a treat to your soul. It’s a way to find your inner true self.Travelling to a new place would make you experience all sort of things.When you do something which you have never done in life provide you with life time of experiences.Travelling to new places mould you into incredibly more well-rounded human being.Because travelling results in introduction of unexpected instances and the way you deal with it boosts your self confidence.

#24 9-21-2017 6:01 AM

rupalsingh
Rupal

Re: why do we travel?

To get rid of the daily routine.

#25 9-21-2017 10:45 AM

Dymphna
Lee Ann
Montana, United States
Posts: 134

rupalsingh wrote:

To get rid of the daily routine.

Exactly. It clears the head and resets a person to travel.

Board footer