#1 9-17-2017 11:19 AM

United Kingdom
Couch Potato
Posts: 1

American wanting to travel with British citizen

I am an American citizen and my friend boyfriend is British. We are planning a trip for one week next year to New York from England . I was wondering if he will need some sort of visa to enter the States.


#2 9-17-2017 1:23 PM

Sarah Elaine
Manchester, England
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IVAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 6052

Re: American wanting to travel with British citizen

His first step is to see if he is eligible for a visa waiver under the ESTA scheme - there is an online application for that.  If he qualifies under ESTA, he pays the smaller fee and doesn't need to mess around visiting embassies or anything.  If not, he'll need a visa.  The ESTA stays valid for a while, so I'd apply in good time - if it goes through properly it only takes hours but if there's an issue it can take a long time to sort out.

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer

Powered by PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB