#1 9-10-2017 6:07 AM

AlexI6500
Alex
Manchester, England
Couch Potato

Brazil - Iguazu falls to Ilha Grande

Hello smile

So I have a trip to Brazil coming up and i'm just wondering, whats the best way to get from the iguazu falls to Ilha Grande?

I have a flight booked from Rio to Igauza, where I am staying for 2 nights. Then my plan is to go from Iguazu, to Ilha Grande, then Paraty, then back to Rio De Janeiro to fly home. My trip in total is 2 weeks so i am quite restricted on time.

Any help would be appreciated smile

Thanks!

#2 9-10-2017 7:43 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad

Re: Brazil - Iguazu falls to Ilha Grande

Ilha Grande is an island, I think the best way is going back in Rio. The green bus is a bit pricey but arrange your transfer all the way to the island https://greentoadbus.com

#3 9-11-2017 4:06 AM

DaveSwede
Batam, Indonesia
Award: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist

Re: Brazil - Iguazu falls to Ilha Grande

If you'll looking to travel over-land, it is about 22 hours, with a connection in Sao Paulo.  Since time is the factor, I would suggest nothing other than flying.

Ilha Grande is about 2hrs south of Rio or about 4hrs north of Sao Paulo.  Depending of flight costs/schedules, you could fly from Iguazua to either Sao Paulo or Rio de Janeiro, then take the bus from there.

Board footer