#1 7-17-2017 5:04 AM

northlight
Jon
United Kingdom
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

Bangkok weekend meetup April 6-8

I'm going to be in the Thai Capital the weekend after Easter in early April 2018 and will organise a meetup for anyone who would like to join. 

Beginning on Friday 6 April at 7pm at the CABBAGES AND CONDOMS RESTAURANT on Sukhumvit Soi 12.

After dinner we can find somewhere to have drinks.  Any venues and times for the rest of the weekend will be confirmed closer to the meetup.

#2 7-17-2017 5:06 AM

northlight
Jon
United Kingdom
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

Re: Bangkok weekend meetup April 6-8

The meetup page for this can be found here http://www.travbuddy.com/meet-up/view.php?id=1614

#3 7-18-2017 1:15 AM

northlight
Jon
United Kingdom
Explorer

I'm considering a train trip to Kanchanaburi on the Saturday to see the War Cemetery and the Death Railway Bridge.  Having lunch there before returning back to Bangkok.

#4 7-18-2017 3:47 PM

fransglobal
Francis
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Globetrotter

I intend to be in region at the time so hope to attend. Will probably skip Kanchanaburi bit. I've been and I can still hear that whistling tune...

#5 7-19-2017 12:49 AM

northlight
Jon
United Kingdom
Explorer

fransglobal wrote:

I intend to be in region at the time so hope to attend. Will probably skip Kanchanaburi bit. I've been and I can still hear that whistling tune...

The Kanchanaburi trip is just an idea at this early stage Francis.  Good to know that you may be able to join smile

#6 7-27-2017 7:04 PM

hayley_phoon
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer

Like the activities plan for the meetup, how do you know this place Madamme Langsuan? Been there last month during the meetup in Bangkok, the food in the restaurant was good and cheap. Thananya said it's a local hangout place in Bangkok.

#7 7-30-2017 1:35 AM

northlight
Jon
United Kingdom
Explorer

hayley_phoon wrote:

Like the activities plan for the meetup, how do you know this place Madamme Langsuan? Been there last month during the meetup in Bangkok, the food in the restaurant was good and cheap. Thananya said it's a local hangout place in Bangkok.

I knew you guys went there at the meet up end of June and I thought it sounded good so decided to include it in the itinerary for April

#8 9-1-2017 6:05 PM

TravChef
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

northlight wrote:

I'm going to be in the Thai Capital the weekend after Easter in early April 2018 and will organise a meetup for anyone who would like to join. 

Beginning on Friday 6 April at 7pm at the CABBAGES AND CONDOMS RESTAURANT on Sukhumvit Soi 12.

After dinner we can find somewhere to have drinks.  Any venues and times for the rest of the weekend will be confirmed closer to the meetup.

We always go to Cubbage and Condoms and I think it is really overprice!

#9 9-2-2017 3:15 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad

I'll be in BKK on the last week of April, I'll miss the meet up sad

Last edited by shavy (9-2-2017 4:06 AM)

#10 9-4-2017 11:38 AM

fransglobal
Francis
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Globetrotter

TravChef wrote:

northlight wrote:

Are you coming to this meetup? Do you have any other suggestion? smile

#11 9-5-2017 1:53 AM

nolan
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

shavy wrote:

I'll be in BKK on the last week of April, I'll miss the meet up sad

Ah, if those of us going to the Nepal meetup transit in Bangkok, might be a good time to meetup.

#12 9-5-2017 9:42 AM

northlight
Jon
United Kingdom
Explorer

TravChef wrote:

northlight wrote:

Hayley told me you are unable to go because you will be in Liverpool.  Anyway it's 1 meal (I think we'll be ok with the bill) + I have never been and I am the organiser smile

#13 9-8-2017 9:16 AM

northlight
Jon
United Kingdom
Explorer

Good to see that this meetup in Bangkok is part of the #tenyearson celebrations smile

#14 10-15-2017 2:20 PM

margunn
margunn
Bergen, Norway
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

If this had been in Easter I would probably have joined

#15 10-18-2017 3:12 AM

northlight
Jon
United Kingdom
Explorer

margunn wrote:

If this had been in Easter I would probably have joined

oh sorry margunn , would have been great if you could make it smile

#16 11-26-2017 10:28 PM

TravChef
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

fransglobal wrote:

TravChef wrote:

northlight wrote:

Are you coming to this meetup? Do you have any other suggestion? smile

I was hesitating but now I think I will not be coming. I have other suggestion but I could see Jon said it "HIS" meet up. So maybe I shouldn't recommend. smile

#17 11-26-2017 10:31 PM

TravChef
Explorer

northlight wrote:

TravChef wrote:

northlight wrote:

Hayley told me you are unable to go because you will be in Liverpool.  Anyway it's 1 meal (I think we'll be ok with the bill) + I have never been and I am the organiser smile

I am not sure where I will be yet. It is very pricey and the taste is not up to standard last time. Of course it's all about you, you are an organizer. I just simply give the feed back on my last visit.

#18 12-2-2017 8:23 AM

northlight
Jon
United Kingdom
Explorer

TravChef wrote:

I am not sure where I will be yet. It is very pricey and the taste is not up to standard last time. Of course it's all about you, you are an organizer. I just simply give the feed back on my last visit.

what's your suggestion Jantima?

#19 12-3-2017 12:05 AM

fransglobal
Francis
Globetrotter

I suggest Jantima cook for us and we can decide if that is better or not than Cabbage&Condoms...

#20 12-3-2017 7:07 AM

northlight
Jon
United Kingdom
Explorer

fransglobal wrote:

I suggest Jantima cook for us and we can decide if that is better or not than Cabbage&Condoms...

is she even going???  first I heard she was in Liverpool, then I see on her travel plans that she is going to Nepal at this time, and yet she keeps making attempts to alter the arrangements for this meetup!  really don't understand what is going on here!

Board footer