#1 8-15-2017 9:39 PM

Ski2sun70
Couch Potato

Solo Philippines dive trip

Looking for the best places for a solo traveler to meet new people and go to the different dive locations in the PPH.  Looking to head to Cebu,  Boracay, and possibly one more place.  Will be traveling between Aug 25-Sept 7th.  Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

#2 8-15-2017 11:31 PM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad

Re: Solo Philippines dive trip

In Cebu the best place for diving is in Moalboal and Malapascua. Coron Palawan is also a good spot for diving.
Meeting new people, you mean foreign travelers? Philippines isn't really a popular country for travelers, so meeting other travelers is not that easy but  Filipino is very freindly people.

#3 8-17-2017 1:45 AM

nolan
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

I echo Belinda's recommendation on Malapascua (thresher sharks) and Coron, Palawan (WW II wrecks).

If you really want to spend (money and a few days), go to the Tubbataha Reefs Natural Park http://www.tubbatahareef.org/home

#4 9-4-2017 4:12 AM

evil_smiley
Philippines
Couch Potato

You can try El Nido, Palawan. They have group tour packages where you can go island hopping with other tourists. So I guess that's another way of meeting new people.

#5 9-4-2017 6:54 PM

DaveSwede
Batam, Indonesia
Award: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist

If diving is the main activity, I also echo previous posts about Cebu and Coron/Buswanga.  I'm an avid diver for about 20 years and would say that those two places are worthwhile and offer something unique to Philippines.  Other dive sites are nice, but a sandy reef is a sandy reef and can be found anywhere in the tropics.

As for meeting new people, you can't go two paces in Philippines without meeting somebody with a smile willing to chat, whether it be a local or expat.

#6 9-6-2017 1:36 AM

ulis
Uli
Vienna, Austria
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer

Moalboal and Malapascua is good, in Coron most of the wreck dive sites are quite deep, you need to be expirenced, in El Nido was when i was there a plankton bloom (limited visibilety)

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer