#26 8-1-2017 12:51 PM

gillybob
Award: Critic IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug I
Posts: 42

Re: Your idea of a relaxation trip

How about the Maldives?  In a resort with a really nice spa?

#27 8-1-2017 9:33 PM

ilikeitlikethat
Bobby
Soho London, United Kingdom
Award: Vox Populi I
Tourist
Posts: 186

Why not Japan?
Ibusuki sand baths to be precise.
Plus Steve Jobs loved Japan so much, that when he wanted to get away and relax, he became a Japanese Zen Buddhist!

Last edited by ilikeitlikethat (8-1-2017 9:38 PM)

#28 8-4-2017 10:40 PM

odis29barnett
odis
Panama City Beach, Florida
Posts: 6

hi..

I think the beach is an ultimate idea for relaxing, I love playing golf at beach side I also love fishing.we can easily find  many rides, attractions, and events to enjoy at the beach

#29 8-6-2017 6:32 PM

trippin_jen
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 1083

Re: Your idea of a relaxation trip

I think beach/island holiday is relaxing. Would be best if you choose a less populated beach/island.

When I went to Phuket, Patong was "the" place to stay, but I stayed at Karon instead. It was quieter with less activities, so more relaxing and calm.

Krabi is also relaxing, for the fact that people there move on slow-mo. It gets your body out of the rat race environment.

#30 8-8-2017 7:03 AM

gemmapurcell
Gemma
Posts: 43

Re: Your idea of a relaxation trip

If you looking for relaxation and want to refresh your mind? Australia is the best option for you. There are so many beautiful sea beaches and a pleasant weather in October. I think it should be the first choice.

#31 8-8-2017 9:15 AM

itravel1
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 2157

#32 8-17-2017 8:27 PM

travelgreek
Jennifer
Michigan City, Indiana
Posts: 17

kvom wrote:

I don't travel to relax.  That's what home is for.

lol somehow true but not for me. I have to cook, clean and take care of a naughty boy so I can't be relax at home though but maybe happy but not relax lol

#33 8-18-2017 6:16 AM

gemmapurcell
Gemma
Posts: 43

Re: Your idea of a relaxation trip

If you looking for relaxation and want to refresh your mind, Australia is the best option for you. There are so many beautiful sea beach and a pleased weather in October. I think it should be the first choice.

#34 8-19-2017 12:47 AM

travelgreek
Jennifer
Michigan City, Indiana
Posts: 17

Re: Your idea of a relaxation trip

We travelled to Butan 3 years ago. That's the most peaceful country I have ever known. People are so friendly and beautiful landscape. Food is not really suitable for us but not too bad. I think it was a relaxing trip for your mind

#35 8-23-2017 2:02 AM

suhasj123
Suhas
India
Posts: 9

Re: Your idea of a relaxation trip

I am also thinking about a trip for relaxation since last few months I am not out of my town due work load and family reasons but now I have decided that in November I will be at Goa one more time, I already last year had 5 day trip at goa with my friends. I have shared my Goa trip experience at http://forummantra.org if you want to know about my trip just visit it

Last edited by suhasj123 (8-23-2017 2:03 AM)

#36 8-25-2017 6:00 PM

ahouseofsparrows
Crystal
Dominical, Costa Rica
Posts: 18

Re: Your idea of a relaxation trip

If you are looking for relaxation and to get away from it all, check out the Pacific coast of Costa Rica. It will be the rainy season so it won't be crowded and there are multiple yoga retreats you can check out. Even though its the rainy season, Costa Rica in October will be much cooler and it typically only rains in the afternoon. Its a perfect escape from the cities and tourist filled islands of the Caribbean.

#37 8-27-2017 4:40 PM

lauro
Germany
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IVAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 4128

Re: Your idea of a relaxation trip

a relaxing trip for me is getting out of my system from work and everything that surrounds it. for me, getting out of the tent in the early morning, smelling the grass moisted by dew and seeing the mountains and peaks slowly catching the rays of the sun. in the evening, watching the sun slowly sets in the horizon while the moon rises and the alpenglow of the peaks and mountains in the horizon.

late october has many possibilities for you, i dont know if your the phyiscal type but being in the nature will absolutely free your mind and soul.

late october to early december is the best time to trek the himalayas, its "cold" but the air is so clear and the sky has the deepest blue. you dont have to walk over 4000 meters or climb high mountain passes over 5000 meters, there are mini and easy treks you can do. as the air is clear - from the mini treks you could see the highest peaks on the planet.

late october driving in iceland is also a good way to relax - almost straight drive in the ring road, while you see icebergs, sea stacks, wild fjords, powerful waterfalls, volcanoes etc and then driving for some time withouth even seeing other cars and if you get lucky, the northern lights.  the colors ofi celand in autumn are so beautiful, there are so many shades and hues of oranges and yellows.

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer