#1 5-16-2017 10:46 PM

someoneitsme
VJ SG
Singapore, Singapore
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad

Travbuddy Meetup at Everest Base Camp - 2018

Travbuddy meetup at the highest altitude – EVEREST BASE CAMP

The last time I saw a DJ spinning at the highest altitude at EBC, I thought a Travbuddy meetup would make an adventurous meetup this upcoming 2018 Spring season. So do join me for this adventurous trip. I know some of our Travbuddy has already been there, I myself have done this trek Twice, last spring 2016 and 2014 Winter Christmas to New Year.

Why go to everest base camp?
The Everest Base Camp trek on the south side is one of the most popular trekking routes in the Himalayas and is visited by thousands of trekkers each year.

Trip Highlights
•Trek to the foot of breathtaking Everest, the world’s highest mountain.
•Set out on challenging hikes to Kala Pattar (18,192\\\'), Nangkartshang Peak (16,672\\\'). and Everest Base Camp (17,590\\\').
•Explore Sherpa villages and the ancient Thami and Tengboche monasteries.
•Visit a school established by Sir Edmund Hillary in the mountain village of Khumjung.

How many days for this trek?
Total 17days from Kathmandu to Kathmandu
Most of the standard trekking company in Nepal does this trek in 14-15days based on the route. For this trip we have added additional 2 days of Acclimatization based on the standard Itinerary. So in total of 4days Acclimatization process for this trek gives you enough days to get acclimatized and to complete the trek successfully.

Cost:
SGTREK Paid Members : USD1298 (Exclude International Flights)
(*Make an initial deposit of USD500 for confirmation of the trip)
Event Date: 30March2018 – 15April2018

Some of you already know me from Travbuddy as I am adventurous person who got addicted for mountain climbing and planning an dream trip to EVEREST in 2020. You can check out more about me on by blog http://www.chasingaltitude.com/

DETAILED ITINERARY:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0ByVvT … EJYMTFobVU

Also do check the updates of this event on the facebook page also : https://www.facebook.com/events/388525631541122

#2 8-9-2017 3:33 AM

nolan
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

Re: Travbuddy Meetup at Everest Base Camp - 2018

OK we have been discussing this event on WhatsApp chatroom. It's currently evolving.

The latest is that we are more likely to do Annapurna Base Camp (ABC) and Pokhara instead of EBC.

The meetup date is tentatively set for April 2, 2018, Monday in Kathmandu. We will probably start the voyage to ABC by April 4th, and the plan is to be back by April 14th (total of 10 days).

Annapurna is easier at about 4,300 meters above sea level, vs. 5,600 meters for Everest Base Camp. Thus the risk of Acute Mountain Sickness (AMS) or altitude sickness, is slightly less.

The total cost, according to Vijay, would be about USD 700-800 including porter, food, accommodation for the 10 day trip.

What hikers need to bring when trekking is just their day pack, as the porters will be carrying the main baggage.

Any further questions please ask here or request me to add you to the WhatsApp chatroom.

Last edited by nolan (8-9-2017 3:41 AM)

#3 8-26-2017 7:22 AM

kvom
Kirk
Cumming, Georgia
Award: Photographer IAward: Writer IAward: Vox Populi IV
Explorer

Re: Travbuddy Meetup at Everest Base Camp - 2018

I'd estimate the total trekking cost to be a bit lower than the estimate assuming you don't eat/drink expensive western goodies.  A porter can carry for two trekkers at $20/day, and food/lodging at $30/day is generous.  That's $400 as a base.  The number of days in KTM and Pokhara when not trekking plus the bus/var fares will add some to the total, as does the visa and trip insurance (evacuation insurance is a must when trekking).

I would not book anything with a western agency as they just subcontract to Nepalis.

Board footer