#1 8-25-2017 11:33 AM

ilikeitlikethat
Bobby
Soho London, United Kingdom
Award: Vox Populi I
Tourist

ESTA for Visa Waiver Entry into the US

I've just got pending, 72 hours.

I'm doing this well before my trip, but I wouldn't advise anyone do this no less than 72 hours before entering America.

ESTA should be approved for 2 years for multiple entries into the United States.
*Or, until your passport expires if before the 2 years.
Mine expires just over 6 months after I'm back in England next year.

I haven't travelled to America since 2004 and haven't heard of ESTA until yesterday and, things have changed.
You must go online and pay $14 for your ESTA for entry into the United States to use the visa waiver if eligible.

#2 8-25-2017 1:40 PM

ilikeitlikethat
Bobby
Tourist

Re: ESTA for Visa Waiver Entry into the US

AUTHORIZATION APPROVED

Your travel authorization has been approved and you are authorized to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program. This does not guarantee admission to the United States; a Customs and Border Protection (CBP) officer at a port of entry will have the final determination.

Expires when my passport expires.

#3 8-25-2017 3:11 PM

fransglobal
Francis
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Globetrotter

ilikeitlikethat wrote:

Expires when my passport expires.

Or after two years, whichever is first...

#4 8-25-2017 4:14 PM

ilikeitlikethat
Bobby
Tourist

Let's say I may need to change question 3 from a no to a yes post being authorised under better understanding of the code and wish to notify for fear of lie detecting cameras and my forensically clean/brand new crusher/grinder to roll my own in Oregon and the not being sure of finding one in America so I'd bring my own from the UK raises suspicions... And if anybody asked while it's new/unused en route with me to Oregon, I'd just say "I'm going to Oregon!" "I've found a nice mom and pop there that'll let me enjoy" or just chant "Oregon! Oregon! Oregon!" then go "Yay!!!/Yeah!!!" or whatever.
What happens when you need to change a no to a yes post approval?

Last edited by ilikeitlikethat (8-25-2017 4:21 PM)

#5 8-25-2017 4:15 PM

ilikeitlikethat
Bobby
Tourist

A part from saying ****, of course.

#6 8-25-2017 6:39 PM

ilikeitlikethat
Bobby
Tourist

Well I just spent $4.00 to undo my $14.00 to probably pay $160.00...

TRAVEL NOT AUTHORIZED

You are not authorized to travel to the United States under the Visa Waiver Program. You may be able to obtain a visa from the Department of State for your travel. Please visit the United States Department of State website at for additional information about applying for a visa.

So now my honest self is seeking a B-2 Visa and an appointment at the American Embassy.

At least I 'fessed up the second I knew I made a mistake and was not eligible...
I just hoped I still was but at least I have it in writing.
This is BOUND to look better than if I found this out after having just boarded a flight with the intention to slide one over on a country that isn't mine and then be at the embassy after been arrested at the border, detained, flown back and sued by the airline for the flight home... No way, I'm the guy at the embassy making sure it's known who I am and what I plan to do, that way, everybody's happy and I get to strut around in America being me, if they say yes.

Last edited by ilikeitlikethat (8-25-2017 6:47 PM)

#7 8-25-2017 7:37 PM

ilikeitlikethat
Bobby
Tourist

I haven't even booked an appointment for it and I'm getting ready for it now.
B-2 in mind.

I have to get my ACRO report from the police...
It says I have to have a photo, it says I have to be endorsed by someone...
I've got a crush on my new dentist who I met the other week when I chipped a tooth on a dried chickpea and or my tounge stud (I swear when I bit my tongue stud and it hurt it must have chipped off when I bit into that hard dried chickpea which had me in the dentist chair ASAP the week before last, I see her now and if I had to have a crush on anyone, why not her, anyway, I'm not about to ask her 'can you help me get this thing called an ACRO from the police because I want to go guitar shopping -- so anyway, I'm there the other day, actually the same day I first heard of an ESTA in town, and I'm late and dressed like a slob in my sweat pants because I went running that morning and didn't shower after and I was in town, learning about an ESTA... I see my neighbour who's also my councillor who likes to say hi and knows me and when we were introduced, so I saw him in the waiting room downstairs as I stepped in, I saw him, he saw me, I said 'Hi councillor 'surname', then went to the receptionist (who I went to first before I saw him sitting there),I said hi, then went back to the receptionist and then straight to my appointment upstairs this week .. 'Small neighbourhood' - So anyway, I'm already emailing him to ask him to endorse my application to get my ACRO from the Police to take to the American Embassy with my ACRO of why I was denied ESTA and best fill out my Personal Data Form....

In other words, I'm on it, email being composed in other tab in tabbed browser to my Cllr because they're a Councillor (Local or County)
which is from the list of people.

**Email sent with the suject: Can you please endorse me to successfully obtain an ACRO from the Police.
(Looked like this, but I took out all contact information).

Mr First name surname
Address Line 1
Address Line 2
Postal Code
(I aligned my details to the right margin).

Cllr First name surname
surname.firstname@localauthority.gov.uk

Dear Cllr Surname,

I'm to obtain an ACRO from the police because I was honest when applying for my ESTA to travel to the United States for leisure and tourism and to treat myself to two nice guitars. However, because of a recent marijuana misuse of drugs act 1971 caution I have to apply to the US Embassy for a B 2 Visa.

In order to gain my B 2 visa I must bring with me my ACRO from the police I'd need to submit my photo online and a copy of it will be sent to the endorser to verify.
Endorser details - Your application must be endorsed by a suitable individual. We require your endorser’s full name, occupation, relationship to you (e.g. friend, employer etc. but NOT family), a telephone number, and their email address as we may send your passport photograph to them as part of our check. Click here for a list of possible endorsers.
Councillor (Local or County)

So is this a service that you charge a fee for?
Could you please verify my identity for my ACRO for this visa?

- Forname Surname

Last edited by ilikeitlikethat (8-25-2017 8:13 PM)

#8 8-25-2017 8:27 PM

ilikeitlikethat
Bobby
Tourist

Police ACRO costs
£45 standard 10 day processing
£80 premium 2 day processing

I'm not sure where I saw $160 for the B-2 visa, so, unless somebody tells me otherwise, it's this.

I want to get my ACRO
Take it to my appointment
Best explain myself
I think they'd take my photo that day if I get a visa and will charge me £5.00 on top?
IDK, I'm just going by google for the prices and who's taking the photos...
So Idk for sure, I just know what I've got to get done to get me the things I need for my appointment to get my visa.

This is going to be a huge pay off of a vacation afterwards, work hard, play hard, I'm just going to have to find me a whirlpool hot tub and an open bar to escape to on this trip when it's all sorted out - I'm thinking.

I've not even been refused entry for the cosmic equivalent of a second and I'm already feeling like I'm lobbying again writing to politicians...
I JUST WANT MY VACATION IN AMERICA! but, gotta do what you gotta do to get what you want...
I hope I get this visa and everything works out, I do.

Last edited by ilikeitlikethat (8-25-2017 8:40 PM)

#9 8-26-2017 4:19 AM

katzgar
Award: Vox Populi II
Wanderer

ilikeitlikethat wrote:

Police ACRO costs
£45 standard 10 day processing
£80 premium 2 day processing

I'm not sure where I saw $160 for the B-2 visa, so, unless somebody tells me otherwise, it's this.

I want to get my ACRO
Take it to my appointment
Best explain myself
I think they'd take my photo that day if I get a visa and will charge me £5.00 on top?
IDK, I'm just going by google for the prices and who's taking the photos...
So Idk for sure, I just know what I've got to get done to get me the things I need for my appointment to get my visa.

This is going to be a huge pay off of a vacation afterwards, work hard, play hard, I'm just going to have to find me a whirlpool hot tub and an open bar to escape to on this trip when it's all sorted out - I'm thinking.

I've not even been refused entry for the cosmic equivalent of a second and I'm already feeling like I'm lobbying again writing to politicians...
I JUST WANT MY VACATION IN AMERICA! but, gotta do what you gotta do to get what you want...
I hope I get this visa and everything works out, I do.

There is a public hot tub place in Eugene and if there's one in Eugene there's got to be several in Portland

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer