#1 8-20-2017 12:31 AM

Maurizioago
Maurizio
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IVAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist

Reporting commercials et al.

I have reported lots of companies that signed here.

Ok; the staff here deleted their membership, but I think a simple "thanks" to me would be nice.

Just a thought.

#2 8-20-2017 1:51 AM

HORSCHECK
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist

Re: Reporting commercials et al.

Maurizio, as far as I know this is an automated process. As soon as a certain number of members have reported a member or a review as spam, it will be deleted automatically. - So keep on reporting them, there is also a forum here where you can list the spammers for others to vote.

It is here:
http://www.travbuddy.com/forums/viewtop … 90&p=1

#3 8-20-2017 2:48 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad

Maurizioago wrote:

Ok; the staff here deleted their membership, but I think a simple "thanks" to me would be nice.

Just a thought.

Maurizio you are not the only one we all reported spams here. This community helping each other to keep the website clean without spam wink

#4 8-20-2017 10:22 AM

sarahelaine
Sarah Elaine
Manchester, England
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IVAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Globetrotter

Shavy, I was about to say pretty much the same thing. I've been an active member of this site for maybe a decade. I report spam most times I pop by, because it's the right thing to do. Mauritzio, the owners of the site are volunteers, who are still trying to keep this up in their spare time- they barely have time for basic maintenance (although mostly do a great job of that). Personalised thank you notes to the literally dozens of people reporting the baddies every day would be a huge thing to ask. But if you join the spambuster club thread, there is a bit of a community building up around our most active and enthusiastic reporters of nonsense and you might enjoy that.

Last edited by sarahelaine (8-20-2017 10:23 AM)

#5 8-20-2017 11:34 AM

spocklogic
Brian
Poquoson, Virginia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

Well said, Sarah, and all members are welcome to The Spambuster Club. The more members participate, the more spam reports help in keeping the site as spam free as possible.

#6 8-20-2017 12:31 PM

Maurizioago
Maurizio
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IVAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist

Thanks for your replies!

#7 8-20-2017 2:08 PM

Maurizioago
Maurizio
Tourist

shavy wrote:

Maurizioago wrote:

Just a thought.

Maurizio you are not the only one we all reported spams here. This community helping each other to keep the website clean without spam wink

I didn't write this.

Board footer