#1 4-5-2017 1:11 PM

hightide
Fay
Jakarta, Indonesia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad

Quick Dry Towel

I need to buy a lightweight quick dry bath towel. Any recommendations on products you have tried?

#2 4-5-2017 1:16 PM

gingerbatik
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IVAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

Re: Quick Dry Towel

Fay, if you can wait until NZ, you can go to Kathmandu shop and they sell everything about travel products.

#3 4-5-2017 1:37 PM

hightide
Fay
Jakarta, Indonesia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad

gingerbatik wrote:

Fay, if you can wait until NZ, you can go to Kathmandu shop and they sell everything about travel products.

Thanks for the info - will check them out smile I will only need the towel after my NZ trip.

#4 4-5-2017 9:16 PM

nolan
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

Fay, I have the SeatoSummit Tek Towel. While it isn't the lightest of the brand,  it's very absorbent and still packs to 1/4 the size of a regular fluffy towel when rolled.

http://www.seatosummit.com.au/products/ … ef=outdoor

#5 4-6-2017 12:16 AM

davejo
david
Puerto Princesa City, Philippines
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug I
Sightseer

I never bring a towel, i just use a sarong and it will dry quickly on the line or by the fan

#6 4-6-2017 8:15 PM

Yian
Singapore, Singapore
Couch Potato

Ultra Compact Microfibre Towel at Decathlon. There are a few sizes available online. I got the L size at Singapore Decathlon outlet for S$9.90.

#7 4-7-2017 2:12 AM

stefmuts
Stefanie
Neerpelt, Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

Microfiber Towel, most outdoor shops sell them in all sizes and price ranges

#8 4-7-2017 2:53 AM

sanfoodie
Sanjeev
Award: Happy Happy Happy
Sightseer

Fay, You may check at Amazon they have a vast range I had purchased one and that is excellent quality better than Microfiber towels. Elegant looking, light weight and take very little space. Price for a medium sized towel was around 22$. I purchased about a year back.

https://www.amazon.com/Microfiber-Compa … 3J0WK?th=1

#9 5-5-2017 6:10 AM

santos01
Couch Potato

The Youphoria one is my favourite. My biggest problem with most towels is that they begin to smell very bad and fast. This one doesn't though!

#10 5-5-2017 10:30 AM

Sept922
Award: Community LeaderAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster I
Explorer

Fay I got a huge one on Amazon for 18 usd, as I am twice your size. But you can get them cheaper and they work. You pat yourself dry instead of rubbing but they work! I am in Morocco now after Germany and Italy but I didn't need it yet! The places I stayed had towels!

#11 5-10-2017 12:46 PM

hightide
Fay
Jakarta, Indonesia
Nomad

Thanks for the replies everyone!
I got a Kathmandu quick dry towel in NZ for NZD12.

#12 5-10-2017 6:14 PM

nolan
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

hightide wrote:

Thanks for the replies everyone!
I got a Kathmandu quick dry towel in NZ for NZD12.

I see you got the 15" x 30". Obviously not a bath towel LOL

#13 7-17-2017 2:55 AM

drubenj
Couch Potato

I also prefer microfiber fast drying towels. They are light to pack.

#14 7-18-2017 1:08 AM

nyk_flashpacker
nyk
Award: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I
Tourist

I did buy one at the airport travel shop (Micronet Travel Towel) and it was quicker drying & very useful

#15 8-11-2017 2:23 AM

Stardust-Motel
Redding, California
Couch Potato

Is the towel for the beach, outdoors, bathing? For each purpose, you will require different towel based on the usage for smooth and safe journey ..!

#16 8-11-2017 3:20 AM

gillybob
Award: Critic IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug I
Couch Potato

A microfibre impregnated with antibacterial is the way to go - no niffy odours with these.

Board footer