#1 4-5-2017 1:11 PM

Jakarta, Indonesia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Quick Dry Towel

I need to buy a lightweight quick dry bath towel. Any recommendations on products you have tried?

#2 4-5-2017 1:16 PM

gingerbatik
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IVAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 1961

Re: Quick Dry Towel

Fay, if you can wait until NZ, you can go to Kathmandu shop and they sell everything about travel products.

#3 4-5-2017 1:37 PM

gingerbatik wrote:

Thanks for the info - will check them out smile I will only need the towel after my NZ trip.

#4 4-5-2017 9:16 PM

nolan
Posts: 3768

Re: Quick Dry Towel

Fay, I have the SeatoSummit Tek Towel. While it isn't the lightest of the brand,  it's very absorbent and still packs to 1/4 the size of a regular fluffy towel when rolled.

http://www.seatosummit.com.au/products/ … ef=outdoor

Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug I
Sightseer
Posts: 96

Re: Quick Dry Towel

I never bring a towel, i just use a sarong and it will dry quickly on the line or by the fan

#6 4-6-2017 8:15 PM

Yian
Singapore, Singapore
Posts: 19

Re: Quick Dry Towel

Ultra Compact Microfibre Towel at Decathlon. There are a few sizes available online. I got the L size at Singapore Decathlon outlet for S$9.90.

#7 4-7-2017 2:12 AM

stefmuts
Stefanie
Neerpelt, Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 1313

Re: Quick Dry Towel

Microfiber Towel, most outdoor shops sell them in all sizes and price ranges

#8 4-7-2017 2:53 AM

sanfoodie
Sanjeev
Award: Happy Happy Happy
Sightseer
Posts: 51

Re: Quick Dry Towel

Fay, You may check at Amazon they have a vast range I had purchased one and that is excellent quality better than Microfiber towels. Elegant looking, light weight and take very little space. Price for a medium sized towel was around 22$. I purchased about a year back.

https://www.amazon.com/Microfiber-Compa … 3J0WK?th=1

#9 5-5-2017 6:10 AM

santos01
Posts: 16

Re: Quick Dry Towel

The Youphoria one is my favourite. My biggest problem with most towels is that they begin to smell very bad and fast. This one doesn't though!

#10 5-5-2017 10:30 AM

Sept922
Award: Community LeaderAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster I
Posts: 1646

Re: Quick Dry Towel

Fay I got a huge one on Amazon for 18 usd, as I am twice your size. But you can get them cheaper and they work. You pat yourself dry instead of rubbing but they work! I am in Morocco now after Germany and Italy but I didn't need it yet! The places I stayed had towels!

#11 5-10-2017 12:46 PM

Re: Quick Dry Towel

Thanks for the replies everyone!
I got a Kathmandu quick dry towel in NZ for NZD12.

#12 5-10-2017 6:14 PM

nolan
Posts: 3768

hightide wrote:

Thanks for the replies everyone!
I got a Kathmandu quick dry towel in NZ for NZD12.

I see you got the 15" x 30". Obviously not a bath towel LOL

#13 7-17-2017 2:55 AM

drubenj
Posts: 11

Re: Quick Dry Towel

I also prefer microfiber fast drying towels. They are light to pack.

#14 7-18-2017 1:08 AM

nyk_flashpacker
nyk
Award: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I
Tourist
Posts: 216

Re: Quick Dry Towel

I did buy one at the airport travel shop (Micronet Travel Towel) and it was quicker drying & very useful

#15 8-11-2017 2:23 AM

Stardust-Motel
Redding, California
Posts: 1

Re: Quick Dry Towel

Is the towel for the beach, outdoors, bathing? For each purpose, you will require different towel based on the usage for smooth and safe journey ..!

#16 8-11-2017 3:20 AM

gillybob
Award: Critic IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug I
Posts: 42

Re: Quick Dry Towel

A microfibre impregnated with antibacterial is the way to go - no niffy odours with these.

Board footer