#1 7-26-2017 6:15 AM

finvoy
Mark
Ballymoney, Northern Ireland
Couch Potato

European City to visit for new year?

Hi. Looking to book 3 or 4 days to a European city over new years eve. Went to Oslo last year and found it very enjoyable. Any recommendations for a good city to experience bringing in the new year? Thanks.

Last edited by finvoy (7-26-2017 6:15 AM)

#2 7-26-2017 7:41 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad

Re: European City to visit for new year?

I spent on New Years Eve in Paris a couple of years ago, they have nice fireworks. Metro runs all night and is free smile

#3 7-26-2017 8:05 AM

margunn
margunn
Bergen, Norway
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

Budapest
There will be a TravBuddy new years meet-up in Budapest. Every year it's a different location. It will be my 5 year in a row,been to Istanbul,Hong Kong,Las Vegas and Malaga
We are usually around 40-50 people and it's so much fun.

#4 7-26-2017 8:10 AM

DaveSwede
Batam, Indonesia
Award: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist

Two years ago I spent NYE in Prague, it was a great time

#5 7-26-2017 9:43 AM

harbinger
Cathy
Brussels, Belgium
Award: Vox Populi I
Tourist

margunn wrote:

Budapest
There will be a TravBuddy new years meet-up in Budapest. Every year it's a different location. It will be my 5 year in a row,been to Istanbul,Hong Kong,Las Vegas and Malaga

Budapest is fabulous any time of year.  Over New Year - and in such wonderful company - it would be amazing! smile

#6 7-26-2017 10:36 AM

ulis
Uli
Vienna, Austria
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer

margunn wrote:

Budapest

Sorry, have already booked somwhere else (Thailand)

#7 7-27-2017 1:46 PM

Ranchero
Award: Vox Populi II
Wanderer

Budapest is fantastic, you gotta go to Budapest!

Plus: they're restoring loads of old buildings and the city just shines. It's a lot better than a few years ago.

#8 7-28-2017 12:14 PM

pammy_robertson
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi II
Wanderer

Edinburgh. Scotland is the home of New Years Eve (Hogmanay) They have a huge street party on NYE or concerts in the garden. Its a 3 day festival. Lots of events to participate in, such as the torchlight procession and the looney dook. I have spent NYE in other places and sadly they never live up to a Scottish New Yrs. Last yr I went to London and it was pretty dreadful. Alot of people standing waiting for fireworks, there was no atmosphere, no one wished us a happy new year. sad

#9 7-30-2017 12:45 AM

petersindac
Peter
Al Khobar, Saudi Arabia
Award: Happy Happy Happy
Sightseer

#10 7-30-2017 2:12 AM

HORSCHECK
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist

I can also recommend Vienna (Austria) and Krakow (Poland) for New Year's Celebrations. Both cities offer great outdoor events on that special evening.

#11 8-27-2017 7:55 AM

alisyed88
Syed
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Couch Potato

i remember my best new year in Prague in 2015. It was the best one i ever found in Europe. I have been through Vienna, Como, Milano, Venice, Torino and other cities as well but the Prague one was the best one. You will find the celebrations but if you need the real fun then go to Prague.

The biggest Discoteca of Europe is there. Please book earlier, on the last days you can't find the bookings. Tourists tourists everywhere.

#12 8-27-2017 12:45 PM

ahouseofsparrows
Crystal
Dominical, Costa Rica
Couch Potato

I celebrated NYE in Frankfurt two years ago and it was the biggest party I've ever been to. They love their fireworks and their drinks strong so you will for sure have a great time.

#13 8-27-2017 1:59 PM

milestx
Miles
Austin, Texas
Sightseer

It looks to me like all the cool kids will be in Budapest for the TravBuddy NYE meetup.

#14 8-28-2017 4:53 AM

vicIII
Victor
Syeverodonets'k, Ukraine
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Spambuster I
Couch Potato

Berlin would be a great place to celebrate as well!smile Christmas market, shining decorations, crowds of people, concerts and parties...

#15 11-10-2017 1:25 PM

EdyFicio
Ezequiel
Rosario, Argentina
Couch Potato

I had a great time in London in 2013. We were 4 friends and meet a lot of cool people and girls ;-)
The street party was awesome with many concerts and surprises. We also enjoyed  our stay at this hotel:
https://www.copthornetarahotellondonkensington.com/
So you should go to London, you will thank me

:-)

Last edited by EdyFicio (11-10-2017 1:36 PM)

#16 11-10-2017 1:48 PM

laurabry
Toronto, Canada
Couch Potato

Vienna. Around New Year, Vienna becomes the place to be. The last days of the year become a whirl of concerts and entertainment. wink

Board footer