#1 7-12-2017 5:19 AM

Globevoyager
Maike
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: Vox Populi IV
Explorer

Countries visited list - georgia misplaced

Hi guys,

I think in the list of countries you can tick off that you have visited, Georgia is misplaced. It's currently in the list of Asian countries, but I'm pretty sure Georgia belongs in the list of European countries.

Any way that can be changed?
http://www.travbuddy.com/world-travel-map

Thanks

#2 7-12-2017 4:03 PM

spocklogic
Brian
Poquoson, Virginia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

Re: Countries visited list - georgia misplaced

According to BBC (Ref link - http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-23072361)

"One definition of Europe marks the Caucasus Mountains as its border, putting Georgia firmly in Asia. Other definitions place the whole Caucasus region, including Georgia, in Europe which is where most Georgians feel it belongs."

You can write to the owner/admins (Eric & David) asking them to change it.

#3 7-13-2017 10:01 AM

HORSCHECK
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist

This is always an interesting discussion, taking into account that Istanbul in Turkey is said to have a European and Asian side (West and East of the Boporus). This would mean that everything located east of Istanbul must be in Asia.

The Caucasus with Georgia, Armenia and Azerbaijan is situated almost 1000 km east of Istanbul. There people seems to belong to Europe again. So what is correct now?

#4 7-14-2017 5:51 AM

stefmuts
Stefanie
Neerpelt, Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

I had to put on the form of my travel insurance if I was travelling outside Europe (Armenia & Georgia) I picked Europe becouse it's cheaper :-)
It can be both ... I tried to google it but that doesn't help
I did find a website giving arguments why it should be Europe / Asia
https://djaunter.com/armenia-azerbaijan-georgia/

It is European culturally and historically.
Geographically it is Asia.

If you put it like that it's on the right list

Last edited by stefmuts (7-14-2017 5:53 AM)

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer