#1 7-9-2017 8:29 AM

Canada itinery

Hey everyone
So iv decided my itinerary for Canada in October. I just need tips on what to do in each place. I have 17 days in total.
My itinerary so far is
Vancouver (3 days) - Whistler (1 day) - back to Vancouver to get to Kelowna (1 day) - Banff (5 days) - calgary (1 day) - Quebec for 2 days and then Toronto for 2 days.
Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

#2 7-9-2017 3:36 PM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Nomad
Posts: 963

Re: Canada itinery

How do you travel around by car or public transport?

We spent 17 days in Western Canada in 2014. You can easily spend your 17 days in Western Canada. There are so much to see in British Columbia and Alberta.

Take the ferry to Vancouver island stay for three nights- is a beautiful island. Victoria is absolutely worth for two nights, Tofino is really a nice place.

How you get to Quebec and Toronto? are you flying?

#3 7-9-2017 3:53 PM

Hey
I will be getting greyhound transport and flying from Calgary to quebec. Sadly I don't have time to stay on Vancouver island but will be visiting it for the day

Last edited by nats90 (7-9-2017 3:53 PM)

#4 7-9-2017 5:39 PM

tenaka
Shane
Chicago, Illinois
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist
Posts: 164

Re: Canada itinery

It doesnt seem like you're budgeting enough time for travel between stops. You say you have 17 days, and have 15 days of sights listed. But no travel days listed. For example you want to go from Whistler, through Vancouver, to Kelowna for 1 day. Even with a car thats 5-6 hours, greyhound I would expect longer. So that means you basically have no time in Kelowna. unless you didnt intend to do anything but stop for the night there on the way to Banff. Same with Calgary to Quebec (City?) and Quebec to Toronto. You'll be spending most of a day with just travel, giving you 1 day in each of those cities. My recommendation would be to lose at least 1 stop so that you have one less travel day, and split that time up in some of the other stops where you spent an entire day getting somewhere.

I understand the appeal of everything you've chosen. But Canada is massive, its really hard to see it all in 17 days. I've visited all those areas, but had to split it across three separate trips that were 10-14 days each.

#5 7-9-2017 10:55 PM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Nomad
Posts: 963

nats90 wrote:

Hey

Wow you're running from one place to another.
My first visit to Canada I concentrate from Montreal, Quebec to Toronto we've done it in 3weeks. The second time we spent 17 days from Vancouver to Calgary and we rent a car in each trip. So I can't imagine how long shoiuld it takes with public transport

#6 7-10-2017 2:45 AM

tenaka wrote:

I

I have planned m6 travel days,  I've done a time table that I have that shows it all but I was confusing myself posting it on here lol. I'm thinking of forgetting about Quebec and just going from Calgary to Toronto. And whistler-vancoucer-kelowna would be a travel day and then I'd get one full day on kelowna and travel to Banff the next day

#7 7-12-2017 5:56 AM

katzgar
Award: Vox Populi II
Wanderer
Posts: 297

Re: Canada itinery

I would suggest a canoe trip in Quetico provincial park but october will be too chilly.    http://www.queticopark.com/

#8 7-12-2017 8:31 AM

Dymphna
Lee Ann
Montana, United States
Award: Vox Populi I
Tourist
Posts: 134

Re: Canada itinery

2.5 hours north of Banff, there is a skywalk that is fantastic. There are a few different activities you can do with it. http://www.brewster.ca/attractions-sigh … r-skywalk/

I was there in June. It is actually more of a plexiglass on the bottom, so it did not bother me at all to be at those heights.

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer