#1 6-22-2017 9:54 PM

Egypt here I come.

I am going to Egypt for 15 days in september and have booked my flights and hotels. My itinerary includes Alexandria, Cairo, Aswan, Luxor, Hurghada, Edfu, Kom Ombo, Abu simbel.  Kindly review my places and let me know if I need to add any other places. Also I wanted to know must things to do in the above place. I am going to this trip with my friend.

#2 6-22-2017 11:29 PM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Nomad
Posts: 828

Re: Egypt here I come.

Looks like you have all the highlights of Egypt, I'm wondering how you get to all places. Those are massive temples you see on the above except in Hugharda. Going to Abu Simbel best to go early in the morning before the crowds hit you.

#3 6-23-2017 1:44 AM

harbinger
Cathy
Brussels, Belgium
Award: Vox Populi I
Tourist
Posts: 167

Re: Egypt here I come.

I will be doing some work in Egypt in September and have been researching some possible side trips.
You don't mention what your interests are, but having an interest in fossils, somewhere I've really wanted to go since I read about it a couple of years ago is The Valley of the Whales.  The site is about 150km south west of Cairo, and features 50 million year old whale skeletons which have been unearthed in the desert, which are preserved 'in situ'.
Apparently it can be done as a day trip from Cairo, although it doesn't yet seem to feature as a mainstream destination with the majority of tour operators.
I don't know whether it's acceptable to post a link, but here's a newspaper article that gives a good overview:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ … ocean.html

Last edited by harbinger (6-23-2017 1:45 AM)

#4 6-23-2017 3:55 AM

Apurva_N
Apurva
New Delhi, India
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer
Posts: 389

Re: Egypt here I come.

In Alexandria, do go to its library - its a grand new structure built on the site of the famous old one. Walk along the waterfront and, if you're into literature or poetry, go to the house/museum of Constantine Cavafy.

Cairo, of course, has its famed pyramids nearby in Giza, its museum, Tahrir Square, and lots more to keep you going for a few days.

#5 6-23-2017 12:50 PM

bula_niki
Niki
Cambridge, England
Sightseer
Posts: 69

harbinger wrote:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/ … ocean.html

wow, that looks really interesting!

#6 6-25-2017 11:03 PM

shavy wrote:

@shavy Thank you, I have kept Abu Simbel for the last leg of my vacation. Do you think I should shift it?

#7 6-26-2017 9:08 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Nomad
Posts: 828

Hey Allah,

Abu Simbel is not going anywhere smile

You can visit the tempel when it's suit you, if you already plan to visit Abu Simbel on your last day, that's fine.

We stayed in Aswan the night before-  we took the minibus at 3am from Aswan escorted in police convoys. It is advisable to visit the temple in the morning to avoid the crowds and the heat.

#8 6-27-2017 12:15 AM

shavy wrote:

Hey Allah,

Abu Simbel is not going anywhere :)

@Shavy hehehe...yea thanks. Just excited and want everything in order. Hope all goes well. Thank you for your feedback. :)

@harbinger looks like a pretty adventure. I would love to see those fossils. I may contact you for the company. Thank you for the guidance by the way.

#9 7-6-2017 9:34 AM

NerdtravelBlog
Fady
Cairo, Egypt
Posts: 2

Hey Alia,

I'm from Egypt, your list is pretty good, it only depends on how long you will stay.

I'll give you an important tip, as long as you're in Cairo use the Metro, because it's faster and safer, but if you're in any other governorate, you should use Careem or Uber not the local Taxi.

Safe Travel.

#10 7-11-2017 11:49 PM

NerdtravelBlog wrote:

Hey Alia,

Safe Travel.

Thank you @NerdtravelBlog I just wanted to know, is there any problem with the arrangement of local taxi? Just curious

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer