#1 7-7-2017 6:54 PM

quanghieu
Couch Potato

a trip to Singapore

hello all

a trip to Singapore
I'm flying to Singapore on july 9. My flight gets into Singapore at 9:00 in the morning, so I have booked
a budget room in the Hotel Transit at the airport until 8:00 a.m. when I plan to take the metro to Beach
Road Golden Mile Center and catch a bus to Kuala Lumpur.
I have booked a hostel for three nights while I'm in Kuala Lumpur which is next to the Hotel
Sentral. Recommendations on things to do?

I will have six more days in Malaysia. Does anyone have any suggestions. Thanks.

#2 7-7-2017 9:34 PM

ulis
Uli
Vienna, Austria
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer

Re: a trip to Singapore

See the Masjid Jamek (Jamek Mosque), Merdeka Square, Sultan Abdul Samad Building, Central  Market and the old railway station in the City Centre / China Town, Petronas Towers in the Petronas Twin Towers (if you want to go up, you should get your ticket very easly) in the Golden Triangle, the Botanical Garden with Orchid Garden, Butterfly Park and  Bird Park, Batu Caves in the north. Brickfields (where your hostel is) is a Indian area with some Indian temples and many Indian food stalls and restaurants. There are 4 free bus lines, GO KL http://www.gokl.com.my/, from your hostel take first the LRT from KL Sentral to Pasar Seni and look for purpel clolored buses (Monorail to Bukit Bintang is also possible)

#3 7-7-2017 10:00 PM

ulis
Uli
Vienna, Austria
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer

Penang with George Town (colonial town) and Batu Feringghi (beach), Malakka (colonial town), Cameron Higlands / Tana Rata (Tea Gardens), Tioman Island and Perhentian Islands(diving, snorkeling, in case of bad weather the ferry might not be running), Taman Negara (rainforest, dont go there on weekends).
Singapore to Kuala Lumpur is usualy cheaper by way of Johore Bahru, Larkin Bus Termina, get there with frequent Bus 170 from Kranji MRT (metro) station (you have to get out of the bus at the border with your luggage, once you are through take the next bus 170, don't loose your ticket, this is the same with all border crossing buses).
"into Singapore at 9:00 in the morning, so I have booked a budget room in the Hotel Transit at the airport until 8:00 a.m"? doesn't make much sense...

Last edited by ulis (7-7-2017 10:06 PM)

#4 7-8-2017 12:48 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad

Fist thing don't forget to visit the China Town, you'll find everything there- nice and cozy part of Kuala Lumpur

Take a nice walk to Bukit Nanas Forest Reserve- is a good walk through a rainforest

Bato Caves- is a shorth ride and easy to reach by metro from KL sentral, a good day trip from KL

Melaka, an interesting city to visit- is about two hours by bus from KL

My favourite of Malaysia - George town and the Penang island

I like George town, is something special and it has a good atmosphere and its beautiful murals.  Penang is popular travel destination, street food mecca.

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer