#1 5-3-2017 10:57 AM

London Borough of Ealing, United Kingdom
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Virtual Tourist London Treasure Hunt

For some years now the London Calling group of Virtual Tourist (me, jo104 and planxty - all now active here) have organised a Treasure Hunt. This involves small groups of people setting out on a planned route to explore the city and follow clues to get the answers to questions about the sights on the route. This year we would like to invite TravBuddy friends to join us.

The main event will be on Saturday 16th September - typically we meet up late morning, "hunt" till late afternoon and then spend the evening in a pub at the end point, comparing notes and socialising.

There will also be a gathering on the Friday evening and we'll also organise a group visit to one or more of the Open House venues on the Sunday for anyone interested. So if you fancy making a weekend of it, there should be plenty of fun and chances to meet up. We'll post more exact details nearer the time - Friday plans, Saturday meeting point and time, etc.

Sign-up here: http://www.travbuddy.com/meet-up/view.php?id=1610

Or ask any questions here in this thread, of course. Hope to see lots of people joining us this year!

#2 5-3-2017 10:02 PM

planxty
Fergy
London, England
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist
Posts: 142

Nice one,

I still have not worked out how to post things like this here but you know what I am like.

I am in Dijon now, fancied buying some moutard a source!

Maybe Clrmont Ferrand next, it is too bloody ciold and wet here, ust like London so need to go South.  Always wanted to visit Morocco!

#3 6-13-2017 11:58 PM

MacedonianUK
Valentina
Bitola, Macedonia
Posts: 7

Re: Virtual Tourist London Treasure Hunt

I am tentatively signing up. I shell be there my health permitting.

#4 6-14-2017 1:29 AM

That would be great Valentina - keep us posted

#5 6-14-2017 2:45 AM

ela01
ela
Posts: 17

Re: Virtual Tourist London Treasure Hunt

I'm am working 16th Sept, but may join you in the pub in the evening if that's ok.
Ela

#6 6-14-2017 2:48 AM

That would be good Ela - I'll post pub details here nearer the time

#7 6-14-2017 5:34 AM

Bergen, Norway
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 1363

Re: Virtual Tourist London Treasure Hunt

Sounds fun 🙂 Haven't been in London for a while,so I'll probably join if I'm not working that weekend and can switch a day of so I get a long weekend

#8 7-2-2017 3:01 AM

planxty
Fergy
Tourist
Posts: 142

Re: Virtual Tourist London Treasure Hunt

Hello there Ela and Margunn.

Having helped organise the Treasure Hunts for a couple of years I can say that people seem to find them very enjoyable.  At least, they tell me they do but they may just be being nice!

You would both be more than welcome, as indeed, are any other TravBuddy members.  It is a great way of meeting up.

#9 7-3-2017 12:04 AM

zschachwitz
Keith
Chestfield, England
Posts: 4

Re: Virtual Tourist London Treasure Hunt

I've signed up as a "maybe" as it's my elder son's birthday w/e, and don't yet know what may be planned

#10 7-4-2017 8:13 AM

Bergen, Norway
Explorer
Posts: 1363

Re: Virtual Tourist London Treasure Hunt

I suggest you make it an event on TB group in facebook. You probably get more people interested then

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer