#1 5-15-2017 6:02 AM

Total mess

Hi,
can anyone tell me how the text from the Spartacus review had got the photos of 'Sleeping Beauty' I published some time ago?
Is there any way to stop all this automatic computer thinking and decision-making?

#2 5-15-2017 6:04 AM

Re: Total mess

Besides, I am not so much impressed by being labeled as a 'couch potato', don't find it very funny

#3 5-15-2017 6:27 AM

Re: Total mess

Ok, never mind, I sorted it out by hand,
but please do not do anything like that again

#4 5-15-2017 7:01 AM

almond72
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster II
Nomad
Posts: 531

Re: Total mess

Don't worry, the label is temporary until you make more posts over time. It is all meant to be light hearted. Goodness, I laughed when I first saw it years ago under my name. big_smile

#5 5-15-2017 7:04 AM

Re: Total mess

I would be light-hearted if anyone did anything about the blog entry
Since I had to do it all myself, I am now rather heavy-hearted...

#6 5-15-2017 9:41 AM

Andy99
Andrew
Springfield, Virginia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 2428

Re: Total mess

Your entries are Blog Entries, not Reviews, in the TravBuddy definition of things.

Ones does need to be careful that the intended date and location of your uploaded photos matches the date and location of the blog entry you wish to associate them with. (TravBuddy does not automatically use any GPS or date data encoded in the photos.) If you upload photos to a particular blog entry and then change the date of that blog entry, the photos will not automatically follow. You have to specifically change the photo date and location as well. As the blog owner, you must do that yourself. (If you upload photos to a target blog entry they will automatically acquire the data and location of that blog entry, but that is it.)

As has been mentioned, "Couch Potato" is meant to be funny.  It encourages the member to get out there and post more Forum entries in order to move up in "rank".

#7 5-17-2017 3:58 AM

Re: Total mess

Right, I feel exactly encouraged to get out
By the way, how do I change my nick, in case I stay? Thinking to get back to my old one

#8 5-17-2017 4:14 AM

I am pretty used to do handle things myself
What gets me somewhat surprised is when they are handled automatically, and in a wrong way, without any warning. Then I expect them to be put into the right way automatically, too.

#9 5-18-2017 7:38 AM

Andy99
Andrew
Springfield, Virginia
Posts: 2428

Re: Total mess

I noted your blog was featured yesterday, congrats!

Automatic features on TravBuddy are linking a blog (or review) with a place. Photos uploaded to that blog or review will be automatically linked to that blog entry or review and to the corresponding location (whether or not the photos are actually in that location). Changes then require intervention by the individual user. Brian ("spocklogic") has posted a very informative user's guide to TravBuddy. It is pinned at the top of the Help Forum.

Only the site owners, Eric or David, can change your TravBuddy user name. If you post a separate Help topic just about changing your user name, they may see it.

#10 5-19-2017 1:30 AM

Re: Total mess

Not sure how a featured blog will make me happier,
More chance if I wrote about baseball, I guess.

But both brothers will surely see my mail, no worry

#11 6-14-2017 6:44 AM

stefmuts
Stefanie
Neerpelt, Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 1350

EuropeTravelGuide wrote:

I am pretty used to do handle things myself

Yeah, thats annoying and it rarely puts itself back in place
But don't let it get to ya!
And we all had the label '├žoach potato' at one point, if you give enough input it will go away!
(but you're probably not happy with the label Sightseer or tourist either?)

But hey, this is supposed to be fun!

#12 6-14-2017 8:10 AM

Very funny

Just by way of information, could both brothers carrently be on vacation and without any Internet connection?
I sent them both a letter a MONTH ago - no response.

From what I remember from my business correspondence courses - it's somewhat strange, isn't it?

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer