#1 2-9-2017 11:18 AM

JustinB
Justin
Granby, Canada

Huaraz vs Amazon vs Puno / Lake Titicaca

Hi, I am going to Peru in May / June for 3-4 weeks and I planned almost everything, but I can't decide for my last week if I go to Huaraz (Santa Cruz trek), Puno and Lake Titicaca, or the Amazon jungle in Puerto Maldonado. I am adventurous, I want to see beautiful nature and discover new culture, meet locals, as well as discovering this awesome country!
Thank you!

#2 2-9-2017 6:34 PM

carigliano5
Ezio
Sicily, Italy
Posts: 3

Re: Huaraz vs Amazon vs Puno / Lake Titicaca

The jungle is definitely a must do in Peru, in my opinion, more than southern Peru. Also i really think that you shouldnt forget about exploring more of the north, such as Huaraz, Chiclayo, Chachapoyas, and the Amazon Región in general. It is a zone that is almost touristically virgin and can find the most amazing landscapes in the world. When i did the northern Peru route also including Huaraz, i used a blog a lot and you cant imagine how usefull it was for me. The blog is travelnorthperu.

Hope it helps you.

#3 2-11-2017 11:54 AM

JustinB
Justin
Granby, Canada

carigliano5 wrote:

I think I will keep the jungle for another trip in South America since it is expensive and I think to really enjoy it you need to stay at least 3-4 nights because of the travelling time.

carigliano5 wrote:

I went on your blog! Really nice! I will definitely go to Huaraz for the Santa Cruz trek, but I want to explore Huacachina, Arequipa and Cusco as well! My itinerary looks like this: Lima -> Ica / Huacachina -> Arequipa / Colca Canyon -> Cusco + Machu Picchu -> Lima -> Huaraz -> Lima. we are there 22 days, I rather explore less places and stay there longer than trying to do as much places as possible in the shortest amount of time!
Thanks a lot for your answer!

#4 4-1-2017 2:03 PM

Lsullivan420
Just ask ( :
United States

Re: Huaraz vs Amazon vs Puno / Lake Titicaca

Hi! I've been both in Puno and Puerto Maldonado and in my opinion Puerto was a lot more enjoyable. Also I prefer warmer weather. I spent around $30 for a one day Amazonian tour and I'm sure the 3-4 days would not be too expensive, that's if you buy yourself at the local turist agency rather than booking online. Anyways i hope I was able to help, safe travels!

#5 4-5-2017 1:15 PM

matthew
Matthew
Nottingham, England
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 3705

Re: Huaraz vs Amazon vs Puno / Lake Titicaca

Lake Titicaca/Puno is nice, but a little touristy, and no so adventurous.  Of the options I'd go for Huarez.  It is stunning

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer