#1 3-14-2017 8:54 PM

Lasttraveller
Tim
Melbourne, Australia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist
Posts: 210

Maldives, any cheap scuba diving on boat or hotels?

Hi I want to go onto diving master anyone know if its possible to do Maldives cheap? or is it just very expensive place? Is it fun to go alone and do a lot of dives or would i get bored and just see couples there.

#2 3-20-2017 11:41 PM

jacobi
Bendigo, Australia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I
Tourist
Posts: 168

Re: Maldives, any cheap scuba diving on boat or hotels?

Hi Tim, firstly, I'm talking from 20 years ago, so my comment may not be much help, but in any case, back then there was a variety of places to stay ranging from expensive luxury resorts to real cheap backpacker type accommodations. I don't know what's changed since then. As for diving there, well, I was right into snorkeling back then and did a lot of it around Victoria and the eastern coast, but when I went to the Maldives it just blew me away. The water is/was so incredibly clear that I didn't see any need for diving. Snorkeling was so great there. In fact, I'm not even sure that there was the depth for diving really, but I don't know enough about that. What I do know is that I went in November and saw all sorts of marine life right in my face; sharks, turtles, moray eels, millions of fish, but the one thing I was a few months early for was the manta rays. Apparently they're around in February-ish. Enjoy your trip.

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer