#1 3-15-2017 4:11 PM

lauro
Germany
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IVAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

question: BEN GURION INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

has anybody here been recently at ben gurion airport in tel aviv? im arriving at sabbath day so the markets in israel are closed but in the airport not - is there a souvenir shop in the arrival where i can buy a shisha/hookah and yarmulke?

coz the next day (sunday) im going straight to the desert and i wanna have the stuff before i go there. thanks!

#2 3-15-2017 6:01 PM

cotton_foam
Award: Most Helpful Hotel ReviewerAward: Community LeaderAward: Photographer VAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster III
Globetrotter

Re: question: BEN GURION INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT

What time are you arriving?  If its late, shops are closed.  We arrived at midnight and most areas are deserted.
On our flight back home, which was around noon, all souvenir shops are open.  In fact, I shopped some items for families back home. 
I'm not sure though if they have those two items you need. 
By the way, Shabbath is for the Jews... But if you head to the Muslim quarter, (Damascus Gate) shops there are ALL open!!  Business continues in the Muslim quarters. 

Lauro, happy travels!

#3 3-16-2017 1:52 AM

lauro
Germany
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IVAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer

8:30 pm - but i am sure ill get out of the security control an hour after ugh.  damascus gate is in jerusalem right? ill be there on a weekday after the desert stuff.

thanks may!

#4 3-16-2017 9:19 AM

cotton_foam
Award: Most Helpful Hotel ReviewerAward: Community LeaderAward: Photographer VAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster III
Globetrotter

lauro wrote:

8:30 pm - but i am sure ill get out of the security control an hour after ugh.  damascus gate is in jerusalem right? ill be there on a weekday after the desert stuff.

thanks may!

Yes, Damascus Gate is in Jerusalem.

#5 3-17-2017 12:23 AM

Oreet
Oreet
Israel
Couch Potato

Most of the souvenir shops and most of the shopping at the airport is in the duty free area, so aimed at departing passengers, which means that once you arrive (no matter what the time or day) you wouldn't have access to them.

Where are you headed to directly from the airport - you may have some shopping options there.

#6 3-17-2017 2:59 AM

lauro
Germany
Explorer

thanks so much oreet! i will be staying in this area  Derekh Ben-Zvi, Tel Aviv-Yafo. theres a market in tel aviv i saw in the internet that sells shishas but its saturday the next day and we are heading straight to the desert, so its closed and friday, well, ill be arriving a bit later (strange flight arrivals in israel comign from europe).

on sat, i will be on the zin desert, im not really positive about finding shops there and on sun at negev.

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer