#1 12-2-2016 8:20 AM

Gwendolyn
Couch Potato

Cuba - cost of the casa particulares

Can anyone tell me roughly what the cost per night is for a bed or room at a casa particulares please?

#2 12-3-2016 1:51 AM

Ranchero
Award: Vox Populi II
Wanderer

Re: Cuba - cost of the casa particulares

I recommend you this resource for info on casas particulares in Cuba...
http://www.cuba-junky.com/cuba/cuba-cas … ulares.htm

Dig down into the categories and you will find a nice number of houses/homes with prices, phone number and all.

Hope this helps!

#3 12-4-2016 9:46 AM

Gwendolyn
Couch Potato

Super ! Thanks a lot Ranchero!

#4 12-7-2016 2:29 PM

NoLimitsTraveller
Couch Potato

I paid $30,-.

#5 1-5-2017 12:15 PM

nywriter86
Couch Potato

You can also find some on the Airbnb website.

#6 1-8-2017 7:28 AM

pfsmalo
Paul
Saint Malo, France
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist

Not allowed to post URL's on this site yet but the site I used in 2015 (Cubacasas), never had a problem in 6 weeks. Average price for a double with b/fast is between 25/35 CUC

#7 2-8-2017 12:14 AM

pixie_power
Alison
Dublin, Ireland
Couch Potato

http://www.havanacasaparticular.com/default.asp

Have tried using this, it seems a bit dodgy as you have to wait a day or so for the owner of the accomodation to get back to you and not sure if the availability calendar is always accurate, but you could give it a try!

#8 2-25-2017 5:50 AM

mackdjroc187
Jeff
Largo, Florida
Couch Potato

25 to 30 CUC per night. You can get a hostel in Havana for around 10 if that's your thing. You can use airbnb or hostelworld to prebook.

Last edited by mackdjroc187 (2-25-2017 5:51 AM)

#9 2-26-2017 7:52 PM

DaveSwede
Batam, Indonesia
Award: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist

Just to add another confirmation of the same posts..
I paid 11CUC for a hostel/dorm in Havana.  Otherwise I paid between 20~35CUC depending on location and general condition of the home.

I never booked anything on line with the exception of my first night in Havana.  I traveled all over Cuba by bus and if you like/trust your host, they will no doubt put you in contact with someone in your next destination.  If you don't like/trust your host, then you could either look on-line, or do what I did and just select from the hoards of people that wait for each bus to arrive in town.

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer