#1 11-16-2016 7:23 AM

Paul
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
Posts: 32

Taxi from EZE / Buenos Aires Suggestions

I was wondering if anyone has any suggestion of a taxi from the airport (EZE) to Buenos Aires. I have to get to the Obelisco, which is where my hotel is.

I've read some stories about less than trustworthy taxi drivers from the airport.

Also I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions of anything "must-do", "must-see", "must-eat", etc. to do in Buenos Aires.

I have 2 nights there before I fly down to Ushuaia and get prepared for my Antarctica trip smile

Thanks in advance and happy travels!

-Paul

#2 11-17-2016 5:54 AM

osgoodst
steve
Chicago, Illinois
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 1159

Re: Taxi from EZE / Buenos Aires Suggestions

There are a couple of shuttles you can use.  If you take a taxi its going to be expensive, EZE is way out of town.

IF you are feeling artistic the modern art museum will let you climb through an exhibit of the human body complete with a small intestine and little polyps you can punch.

#3 11-17-2016 5:07 PM

carryonwandering
Anna
Posts: 33

Re: Taxi from EZE / Buenos Aires Suggestions

Check out Teinda Leon. They run the shuttle from the airport to the city and were awesome. A fixed price no matter how much traffic you get stuck in and their terminal is right near public transport. Even if you use this to get you into BA then catch a taxi from there it will be cheaper and you'll be less exposed to dodgy taxi drivers.

San Telmo was touristy but worth it, the free walking tours were awesome, if you can get inside Teatro Colon it's impressive to see, the cemetery is worth checking out and they do guided tours to see Evitas headstone etc,

#4 11-29-2016 6:06 PM

PaulKK
Paul
Sydney, Australia
Posts: 6

Re: Taxi from EZE / Buenos Aires Suggestions

Hi there - taxis generally aren't too bad, last time it cost me around 80 pesos, which was around 8 USD at the time, easier than the shuttles from my experience. All taxis in Buenos Aires are metered and registered and that's very refreshing from the rest of South America!!

#5 2-21-2017 12:14 PM

alyssa_ob
alyssa
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer
Posts: 320

Re: Taxi from EZE / Buenos Aires Suggestions

I inquired on a taxi from EZE to the city and was quoted about $45 USD (650 pesos).  I took the Teinda Leon bus instead for 120 pesos ($8 USD).  It probably took a bit longer and you get dropped off at Retiro, about a block or 2 from the subte (subway).  Or you can take a taxi from there, which would still be cheaper than taking a taxi from EZE.  The airport has a blue and white stand for the more expensive taxi (I heard the black and yellow cabs are more dodgy).  The airport also has the Tienda Leon stand.

#6 2-21-2017 11:03 PM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Nomad
Posts: 959

Re: Taxi from EZE / Buenos Aires Suggestions

I hope I'm not too late for this post. I also would recommend to take the Tienda Leon Bus, cheap and easy.

Taxi is expensive at the airport.

#7 2-22-2017 5:29 AM

kvom
Kirk
Cumming, Georgia
Award: Photographer IAward: Writer IAward: Vox Populi IV
Explorer
Posts: 3298

Re: Taxi from EZE / Buenos Aires Suggestions

Bus is best bet for economy.  On my recent trip to BA I was pressed for time and took the Tienda Leon taxi for a whopping 800 pesos.  On the way back I arranged a private car service that was 600.  Had a lot of baggage on this trip and didn't want to lug it.

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer