#1 12-9-2016 5:44 PM

Adelaide, Australia
Couch Potato
Posts: 2

South Africa volunteering

I have just returned from volunteering at LEOAfrica and it is a much richer and more interesting way to learn about the country than only travelling. I chose LEOAfrica as I am passionate about animals and conservation and it lived up to my expectations. It was an exciting experience as we monitored the animals in the Marataba Conservation Reserve daily and regularly came across all big5 in one day. The managers of the project were very knowledgeable and skilled and I learnt not only about conservation, animals, tracking, habitats, breeding etc  but also about the the many issues that South Africa is facing. This is a great way to meet like minded people and the team were very welcoming and supportive. It was such a wonderful experience I'll return again next year.

#2 12-13-2016 12:52 AM

MarioBG
Mario
Johannesburg, South Africa
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer
Posts: 410

Re: South Africa volunteering

I am not very sure about volunteering opportunities here but you can check out Lory Park and Kruger National Park. I am quite sure they do volunteering work.

If you have any questions about the country I would be happy to answer.

Good luck ! smile

#3 12-13-2016 2:29 PM

LesleyO
Lesley
Adelaide, Australia
Couch Potato
Posts: 2

Re: South Africa volunteering

Thanks for the suggestions Mario. I checked these out on the internet. Lory Park is an animal sanctuary and I'm more looking for an experiences on reserves where wildlife is less restricted. Kruger is a definite yes.
Cheers

Award: Happy Happy Happy
Sightseer
Posts: 53

Re: South Africa volunteering

Check out Hartebeespoort Dam, I believe that are taking in volunteer's in their sanctuaries.

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer