#1 12-18-2016 2:40 PM

Destin, Florida
Couch Potato
Posts: 12

Question about staying on Little Corn and similar islands

When staying at a place like Little Corn, or any place where the accommodations are extremely modest, basic, and almost primitive, such as their typical shacks or huts, how do tourists ensure that their valuables are secure, such as wallet, ID, cash, credit cards, passport, etc.
I imagine places like this don't have a safe to lock them up, do they ?

#2 12-18-2016 2:59 PM

margunn
margunn
Bergen, Norway
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 1373

Re: Question about staying on Little Corn and similar islands

I was in Little Corn 6 years ago. It's one of the most amazing places I've ever been to,loved it.
There are some hotels with propper rooms there to,but not on the beach. Might be now though. Honestly I can't really remember what I did with my valuables though,he he. I think I kept them in my bungalow.  I could lock the door,but if someone really wanted to come in it wouldn't have been a problem.

#3 12-18-2016 2:59 PM

itravel1
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 2157

Re: Question about staying on Little Corn and similar islands

while on little corn, I stayed at three brothers and my room had a lock.  but generally keeping things out of sight works, or you could get those security mesh thingys that cover your pack

http://www.canadaluggagedepot.ca/produc … ApTx8P8HAQ

Last edited by itravel1 (12-18-2016 3:05 PM)

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer