#1 9-7-2016 5:28 AM

MarioBG
Mario
Johannesburg, South Africa
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer

Dubai budget accommodation

Hi All

Firstly, I did look at reviews here on the site but all I looked at were hotels and quite pricey.
Does anyone know of any budget accommodation sites or names of places I could have a look at?
Would be appreciated

Thanks.

#2 9-8-2016 5:02 AM

pilgrim68
Chris
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IV
Explorer

Re: Dubai budget accommodation

Hi Mario.There is a youth hostel in Dubai but I don't know off anyone who has stayed there so can't comment on the quality of the place.
http://www.uaeyha.com
There is an Easy Hotel in Jebel Ali,same applies.
http://www.easyhotel.com/hotels/uae/dubai-jebel-ali/
Friends of mine have stayed in The Premier Inn in Dubai Investments Park and there are others in Dubai. Reasonably priced and decent rooms and service.
http://global.premierinn.com/dubai/hote … ments-park
Holiday Inn Express have several Hotels in Dubai too which are of a similar standard to Premier Inns.
https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/h … oteldetail

#3 9-8-2016 5:39 AM

nyk_flashpacker
nyk
Award: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi I
Tourist

There are a lot of hotels and areas to chose from depending on your budget, if you are looking for hotels centrally, close to the metros could be expensive. there is also option of hotel apartments in central areas like bur Dubai, Marina, close to the mall of emirates, near Batuta Mall, Diera-Dubai, etc. closer to metro/buses, you might be able to get good deals online

There are a other factors to consider apart budget, time of the year (if you are not well connected to public transport during most part of year except for so called winter months Nov-March, then you could end up spending more on taxis as it makes it difficult to walk around short distances in the heat if you are slight away from metro area), also during peak tourist season the hotel fares are higher, so these need advance bookings. You could also check with some hotels which are somewhat away from central places, as they provide regular shuttle transport to-fro to the main areas....

Some of the options above are good, the airport hotel connects well with city center via metro,
for example; the easy hotel is actually located inside the freezone area, so this can be a hassle to travel back and forth via taxi through some of the gates due to security, you can reach by metro,  but the metro is few mins away drive from the hotel, so either walk a bit or take a cab outside the metro to get to the hotel....

#4 9-12-2016 1:57 AM

MarioBG
Mario
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer

pilgrim68 wrote:

Hi Mario.There is a youth hostel in Dubai but I don't know off anyone who has stayed there so can't comment on the quality of the place.
http://www.uaeyha.com
There is an Easy Hotel in Jebel Ali,same applies.
http://www.easyhotel.com/hotels/uae/dubai-jebel-ali/
Friends of mine have stayed in The Premier Inn in Dubai Investments Park and there are others in Dubai. Reasonably priced and decent rooms and service.
http://global.premierinn.com/dubai/hote … ments-park
Holiday Inn Express have several Hotels in Dubai too which are of a similar standard to Premier Inns.
https://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress/h … oteldetail

Hi Chris

Thank you very much for that response.
Very helpful

#5 9-12-2016 1:59 AM

MarioBG
Mario
Wanderer

nyk_flashpacker wrote:

There are a lot of hotels and areas to chose from depending on your budget, if you are looking for hotels centrally, close to the metros could be expensive. there is also option of hotel apartments in central areas like bur Dubai, Marina, close to the mall of emirates, near Batuta Mall, Diera-Dubai, etc. closer to metro/buses, you might be able to get good deals online

There are a other factors to consider apart budget, time of the year (if you are not well connected to public transport during most part of year except for so called winter months Nov-March, then you could end up spending more on taxis as it makes it difficult to walk around short distances in the heat if you are slight away from metro area), also during peak tourist season the hotel fares are higher, so these need advance bookings. You could also check with some hotels which are somewhat away from central places, as they provide regular shuttle transport to-fro to the main areas....

Some of the options above are good, the airport hotel connects well with city center via metro,
for example; the easy hotel is actually located inside the freezone area, so this can be a hassle to travel back and forth via taxi through some of the gates due to security, you can reach by metro,  but the metro is few mins away drive from the hotel, so either walk a bit or take a cab outside the metro to get to the hotel....

Thank you for the advice.
I will be going on 3rd or 4th of January, I dont think that would be peak season.

How is the transport system there? What is the best way to get around?

#6 9-12-2016 4:28 AM

pilgrim68
Chris
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IV
Explorer

MarioBG wrote:

nyk_flashpacker wrote:

I will be going on 3rd or 4th of January, I dont think that would be peak season.

The Metro system and Public buses are pretty good. Taxis are not that expensive but they have been known
to take tourists via the "scenic" route to their destinations. All are controlled by the RTA, Roads and Transport Authority.
https://www.rta.ae/wpsv5/wps/portal/rta … OVkUvZW4!/

Last edited by pilgrim68 (9-12-2016 4:29 AM)

#7 9-14-2016 12:35 AM

MarioBG
Mario
Wanderer

pilgrim68 wrote:

MarioBG wrote:

nyk_flashpacker wrote:

The Metro system and Public buses are pretty good. Taxis are not that expensive but they have been known
to take tourists via the "scenic" route to their destinations. All are controlled by the RTA, Roads and Transport Authority.
https://www.rta.ae/wpsv5/wps/portal/rta … OVkUvZW4!/

Thank you for your help

#8 9-30-2016 1:45 AM

NaazA
Naaz
Couch Potato

Hi,

there are lots of accommodation available but first you need choose your Holdinn place then you can enjoy your travel.

Thanks & Regards,
Naaz

Last edited by NaazA (9-30-2016 1:45 AM)

#9 9-30-2016 1:05 PM

Bojasem
Taher
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad

It is depend what are you looking for.

If you looking for night life direa is good option  Deira I think 100$ per day is good.

if you came for shopping stay in Shekh zayed street or in Barsa close to Emirates mall I think 120$ per day is good.

3-If u budget is good or came for event Jumeriah beach or JPR  150 $ per day

the price are charge around the year

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer