#26 11-14-2015 5:15 PM

thirdeyesight
Jesse
Edmonton, Canada
Couch Potato

Re: France: State of Emergency declared in Paris - Borders closed

guybooth wrote:

mainstream media? that sounds likes something Fox News is always complaining about...these days the ‘media’ is anyone who wants to write a blog on the internet - and you can find any media you like that fits with your beliefs.
yes, "This shit has been going on since Cain and Abel"  in fact since before. Chimpanzees have territorial wars, raids and commit genocide. humans do the same - an unfortunate part of our biological inheritance.

Mainstream media IS Fox News, CNN, all the major news networks that are owned by the same few corporations, with the same agendas.  The same corporations that fund the majority of donations for political campaigns (both parties), win win.  MSM are nothing but propaganda networks, repeating the same message over and over until it becomes "fact" in the minds of its viewers.

What Fox News is likely attempting to slander is what you call Alternative Media sources because more and more people are starting to turn to them for current events.  They are the ones that aren`t following the script and asking questions.  A threat.

If you don't believe that almost all news that goes to major news corporations aka mainstream media comes from ONE source, just check out this hilarious example.  Conan did a whole series of these little segments to show how blatantly ridiculous this is. 

Couch Potato link coming up

ww.youtube dot com/watch?v=dAkxR9T01pw
One more funny one
ww.youtube dot com/watch?v=1o9x-yDyN78

If I am watching msm, it`s just to see what they want everyone believing these days, or what they are using as distractions from what is really going on.

Last edited by thirdeyesight (11-14-2015 5:36 PM)

#27 11-14-2015 5:30 PM

thirdeyesight
Jesse
Edmonton, Canada
Couch Potato

altmtl wrote:

Blame the USA for all this crap... ww.theantimedia.org/someone-finally-explained-isis-created-will-make-question-everything/

You got it buddy wink

#28 11-14-2015 6:02 PM

guybooth
Lagos, Nigeria
Award: Community LeaderAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IV
Explorer

Well according to Fox news, mainstream media is not Fox news - but anyone can define it as they like I guess. That’s the term they use all the time “mainstream media  - but you may use it in a different sense.
My point is, the internet allows for any opinion at all to be reported  - if you have one point of view, you can simply have it reinforced by seeking whatever reports align with your belief - mainstream, conservative or radical.

#29 11-14-2015 6:44 PM

MNMark
Mark
Cambridge, Minnesota
Award: Vox Populi II
Wanderer

Exactly. Wishing,pretending and acting as if it is any different will only make sure you/we end up on the losing end. That is not something I am interested in.

guybooth wrote:

yes, "This shit has been going on since Cain and Abel"  in fact since before. Chimpanzees have territorial wars, raids and commit genocide. humans do the same - an unfortunate part of our biological inheritance.

Last edited by MNMark (11-14-2015 6:44 PM)

#30 11-15-2015 1:55 AM

Aaron101
Aaron
Maidenhead, England
Award: Vox Populi II
Wanderer

thirdeyesight wrote:

altmtl wrote:

Blame the USA for all this crap... ww.theantimedia.org/someone-finally-explained-isis-created-will-make-question-everything/

You got it buddy wink

blaming the west for the existence of Islamic terrorism is pretty damn stupid in the face of reality, and indirectly exacerbates the problem. That boat has sailed now, buddy.
You may as well say 'blame the existence of the west' for Islamic terrorism. Even that doesn't work, because they love their sectarian violence too. 

there's garbage on every side of the media political spectrum, right or left wing. A lot of those people only want to serve their own agenda, sit in their ivory tower, and often don't give a flying fuck about what's actually happening or the people affected. As soon as I notice any kind of agenda in a media outlet or article, my spidey-sense turns on and I call bullshit. Often that's super easy.

#31 11-15-2015 6:17 AM

guybooth
Lagos, Nigeria
Award: Community LeaderAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IV
Explorer

Aaron101 wrote:

thirdeyesight wrote:

altmtl wrote:

You got it buddy wink

blaming the west for the existence of Islamic terrorism is pretty damn stupid in the face of reality, and indirectly exacerbates the problem. That boat has sailed now, buddy.
You may as well say 'blame the existence of the west' for Islamic terrorism. Even that doesn't work, because they love their sectarian violence too. 

there's garbage on every side of the media political spectrum, right or left wing. A lot of those people only want to serve their own agenda, sit in their ivory tower, and often don't give a flying fuck about what's actually happening or the people affected. As soon as I notice any kind of agenda in a media outlet or article, my spidey-sense turns on and I call bullshit. Often that's super easy.

yeah, the history of that region has so many twist and turns ‘blame’ is near impossible to lay on any one group who has had influence there. The Brits and the USA have certainly not helped in many respects over the last hundred years or so- they totally screwed over Iran's democratically elected government - which not something you hear much about in the ‘west’ - and how ironic that the USA now says it wants democracy to come to Iran! And the legacy of the Durand Line has done anything but stabilise the Afghanistan and beyond - but then again Afghanistan was unstable before the Brits, Russians, and now the USA went there....

The problem now is the region is such a mess, and so unappreciable in terms of power shits, that nobody knows if intervention will make things better or worse.
I suspect the region needs to go though something similar to Europe's reformation and enlightenment, along with a couple more big all out wars - and then after those shake ups things might settle down...give it a few hundred years more and we’ll see!
In our lifetime, things are only going to get worse there, no matter what out governments choose to do, or not do, in the region.

#32 11-15-2015 1:26 PM

bensonryan
Ryan
Yokohama, Japan
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist

France has been beat up pretty bad with terrorism lately. This is the 3rd attack last year.

#33 11-18-2015 5:51 PM

jeffy
Los Angeles, California
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi III
Nomad

Politics + Travbuddy = Hilarity

Never fails. Thanks guys.

This post has had no activity for 90 days and has been closed to new replies.

Board footer