#1 2-12-2018 7:13 PM

Texas, United States
Couch Potato
Posts: 35

Ghibli museum tickets in Japan

I'm going to Japan this March and really want to go to the Ghibli museum but all the tickets are sold out online. I called the agency offices in the USA and they are sold out for March as well. It seems to me that the only way I can get the tickets is to buy them at the Lawson ticket machines in Japan, but they will very likely be sold out by the time I get there. Does anyone know any other way to get the tickets from outside of Japan? Or if anyone who's currently in Japan can do me a favor to buy the tickets for me and I can send you the money through paypal or venmo?

TIA.

#2 2-12-2018 8:31 PM

Lotus28
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 1996

Re: Ghibli museum tickets in Japan

How about using this service? Processing fee is not very cheap but may be worth considering.

I've checked the current availability of tickets but tickets for weekends in Mar had already been sold out. You can still buy tickets for weekdays but for some days you could only book for 4pm entry.

Last edited by Lotus28 (2-12-2018 10:22 PM)

#3 2-15-2018 9:24 AM

teedee
Texas, United States
Couch Potato
Posts: 35

Re: Ghibli museum tickets in Japan

Thanks Lotus! I contacted them and got their reply yesterday. They said all tickets for March was sold out but I'm not sure if they checked for Lawson's ticket machine. Still waiting for their reply though but looks like they don't go order tickets from the machines.

#4 2-15-2018 4:01 PM

Lotus28
Explorer
Posts: 1996

Re: Ghibli museum tickets in Japan

I'm sure they didn't. I saw the Lawson website (Japanese) but there were still available tickets depending on schedule so there should be some available tickets shown on Loppi machine as well!

I wish I could help but there're no Lawson within walking distance from home and if I booked online, my name will be printed on the tickets and your entry will be denied :-(

Board footer