#26 1-16-2018 3:12 AM

rrjohn
Couch Potato
Posts: 9

Re: More solo female travelers than solo male travelers?

I actually think there is no such thing and there are as many (if not more) solo women travelers as there are men. In fact, I believe the trend of solo travel was largely started by men. But I agree that the number of solo women travelers seems to be increasing and it's a fantastic development.

#27 1-17-2018 2:35 AM

Kathmandu1
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 345

Re: More solo female travelers than solo male travelers?

Absolutely. More female on the move but male at the bar!!

#28 1-17-2018 4:42 AM

kvom
Kirk
Cumming, Georgia
Award: Photographer IAward: Writer IAward: Vox Populi IV
Explorer
Posts: 3319

Re: More solo female travelers than solo male travelers?

Most of the women I meet when traveling seem to be in pairs, but whether they start solo and pair up I don't know.  Since I go solo and stay in airbnbs mostly, my sample size is small.

#29 1-18-2018 4:44 AM

hightide
Fay
Jakarta, Indonesia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad
Posts: 752

Re: More solo female travelers than solo male travelers?

UK based article that mentions there are more female solo travellers:

http://www.independent.co.uk/travel/sin … 6.html?amp

"Solo travelling is most popular with women, the research has also revealed, as 58.3 per cent of single travellers were reported to be female. Broken down by holiday, those figures rise for more active trips including walking holidays (64 per cent) and African safaris (60 per cent)."

#30 1-18-2018 5:56 AM

Bojasem
Taher
Kuwait City, Kuwait
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad
Posts: 594

Re: More solo female travelers than solo male travelers?

In my opinion it Depend in your Destination.

I saw many Solo female in Paris,Rome,Verona,Las Vegas and Amsterdam

Tourist
Posts: 147

grandmar wrote:

surfoz wrote:

I meet heaps of backpackers here in Australia and I gotta say it seems about 60/40 in favour of the girls as being the champions of solo travel.

In the old days, the men went off adventuring and then sent for the women.  Maybe the men are all off fighting wars and there's no viable marriage prospects at home.  i was thinking of this Weavers song

Where have all the flowers gone, long time passing?
Where have all the flowers gone, long time ago?
Where have all the flowers gone?
Young girls have picked them everyone
Oh, when will they ever learn?

Where have all the young girls gone, long time passing?
Where have all the young girls gone, long time ago?
Where have all the young girls gone?
Gone for husbands everyone
Oh, when will they ever learn?

Where have all the husbands gone, long time passing?
Where have all the husbands gone, long time ago?
Where have all the husbands gone?
Gone for soldiers everyone
Oh, when will they ever learn?

Where have all the soldiers gone, long time passing?
Where have all the soldiers gone, long time ago?
Where have all the soldiers gone?
Gone to graveyards, everyone
Oh, when will they ever learn?

I have not heard that one in a lonnnnng time.

#32 1-18-2018 5:46 PM

Aaron101
Aaron
Maidenhead, England
Award: Vox Populi II
Posts: 334

Re: More solo female travelers than solo male travelers?

Can't say whether I've seen more solo female than male travelers, but I'm sure there's a lot of them out there. I'm quietly impressed when I've noticed women travelling alone, even when taking tonnes of selfies. I've seen solo female cyclists in tough remote places, Arab ladies travelling alone in the Alps enjoying the snow, etc.

They all have an air of self-confidence, clearly enjoying their solo trip.

I'd attempt to score, but I'm usually also enjoying the solo nature of my trip and don't wanna go off-schedule.

#33 1-19-2018 3:01 AM

Kathmandu1
Posts: 345

Bojasem wrote:

In my opinion it Depend in your Destination.

I saw many Solo female in Paris,Rome,Verona,Las Vegas and Amsterdam