#26 1-14-2018 9:54 PM

Sun Valley, Idaho
Sightseer
Posts: 76

Re: Would you still fly if you fell ill in this situation?

unfortunately, I got an illness while doing the actual trip along with about 14 others of the 25 of us. Nothing we could do but finish the trip as we suffered along.

Had a second trip where I got an illness possibly on the flight home, which took off on Friday the 13th ironically, that put me in the hospital for 2 nights after I got home.

My only problem "before a trip" so far is the stress of "did I pack everything", and that's been over 35 years of traveling.

#27 1-15-2018 1:15 AM

darryldenicola
Darryl
Couch Potato
Posts: 5

Re: Would you still fly if you fell ill in this situation?

Well, I would make it a short trip and make it for 7 days. After 2-3 days, I shall get the better health condition, so I shall fly and other travelers won't get affected because of my health situation. If I won't attain better health condition, then I would cancel my flights.

#28 1-15-2018 9:11 AM

cynthiasmiller
Cindy
Seattle, Washington
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi I
Tourist
Posts: 162

Re: Would you still fly if you fell ill in this situation?

Diarrhea would be the hardest to deal with while traveling.  The others I could tolerate.  Most contagious illnesses are their most contagious before symptoms manifest, and you could minimise spreading infection by wearing a mask.  Migraine would be tough, but medicated you could manage the flight.  Once you get there, you'll be self-paced, so you'll have nothing pushing you to do what your body isn't ready for.

#29 1-15-2018 9:34 AM

surfoz
Perth, Australia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi III
Nomad
Posts: 922

Re: Would you still fly if you fell ill in this situation?

It's great that so many on here wouldn't travel if they had the flu out of fear of giving it to others.

It is genuinely commendable, but I'm not sure it would make much of a difference. You have so many people on board that someone is bound to have or had some strain of flu / cold etc which is still contagious.

I always figure when you're stuck in that plane and all breathing the same air for so long you just gotta hope for the best haha

Board footer