#26 1-11-2018 9:57 PM

hightide
Fay
Jakarta, Indonesia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad
Posts: 752

trippin_jen wrote:

I was looking for single rooms with ensuite. It costs more expensive for such rooms in a hostel than in a normal hotel. By "reasonable", I mean similar prices to Copenhagen like USD 75 and below per night (for a decent size). The ones I saw in Stockholm seems claustrophobic and at a slightly more expensive rate.   Usually I don't mind shared bathroom but I reckon during winter I'd prefer an ensuite.

Thanks for the tips on the train and tipping amount. I may skip the cruise since Yuni said it's not advisable.

I do see some hotels in Stockholm city centre for under USD 75 but not sure whether they are up to your standard. Doing a quick search, the hotel with ensuite bathroom I would pick is Hotel Tegnerlunden. For check-in 25 Feb check out 26 Feb, the price I'm seeing on Orbitz when logged into my account is US$60.73 (after applying the generic 15% off code "INSPIRE"). Days in late Feb other than Sunday are closer to US$80 per night after applying the 15% off code. Orbitz is my favourite OTA as still can earn cash back (through mrrebates) and Orbucks even after applying coupon code. The 3% (via web) or 5% (on app) Orbucks you earn on your booking can then be immediately be applied to your next booking.

Hotel screenshot: http://www.travbuddy.com/photos/blogs/7155454

Last edited by hightide (1-11-2018 9:58 PM)

#27 1-12-2018 1:48 AM

gingerbatik
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IVAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 1996

Hi Jen,

I am sure you would be fine.  It is only 3C today.
Copenhagen is not that cold as it is close to the sea.  However if the wind blowing .. yes it would be bloody freezing. Unfortunately a lot of wind here:)

I never spend winter in Seoul, However I was in Japan in Nov-Dec and it was ok. I experience winter in China  and Tibet as well, and it was not that bad.

As long you wear a proper clothing and layer, you should be okay. No need for the shoes with the spikes, it is not that slippery. Less icing on  the road here (in Copenhagen) than in South Island NZ.
You might need a good shoes and wolly socks to keep your toes warm if you plan to walk a lot.
Also thermal or woolly stocking to wear under your pants and definetely winter coat and scarf.

You can buy the wool thermal stocking or underneath clothings from the supermarket here (Føtex or Kvickly) which I thought very reasonable in price.  It cost dkk199 (just under €30 each).
Surprisingly I found woolly clothings in Copenhagen is cheaper than in NZ.  You can go to Magazines shopping center if you need one.

Anyway, when it is raining, the temperature usually warmer.
The problem here is the dark and grey sky.  You would not see sun at all the whole day.  And it tend to be really dark around 3 or 3.30pm (like 7pm in Asia).

Copenhagen sell really good rain jacket if you need one and it was not expensive since many people wear it (since they are biking everywhere). and I have my first rain jacket here:)

#28 1-15-2018 6:58 PM

trippin_jen
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 1097

Re: Copenhagen and/or Stockholm, February

Thanks Fay, Thanks Yunni. I'll get things moving.

Board footer