#1 12-4-2017 1:46 PM

Crystal
Dominical, Costa Rica
Posts: 18

7 days in Tuscany

Hey fellow travelers! I am planning a birthday getaway for my family and I to Tuscany in May. I've never traveled to Italy but its always been a dream to see the Tuscan countryside. As I am just now sorting out travel details, I wanted to reach out and see if you had an advice on what town we should call home base for the week long vacation. We plan on renting a car so we can drive around to see several vineyards and towns during our stay.

Also, if you have any tips or must see spots I'd love to hear them! Thank you!

#2 12-4-2017 2:38 PM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 1153

Re: 7 days in Tuscany

If you have a car it doesn't matter where you stay, certainly search a place outside the city as most cities in Italy is ZTL Zona Traffico Limitato (restricted traffic zone).

For example if you can find an airbnb outside the city of Siena would be an ideal place to base. Tuscany is beautiful and is necessary to have a car if you want to see some vineyards

#3 12-6-2017 1:08 PM

ahouseofsparrows
Crystal
Dominical, Costa Rica
Posts: 18

Re: 7 days in Tuscany

Thank you for your tips. We've found a few Airbnbs that look beautiful so I think we'll go that route and definitely rent a car.

#4 12-7-2017 8:18 PM

pilgrim68
Chris
Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IV
Explorer
Posts: 1371

Re: 7 days in Tuscany

we stayed in an agroturismo near Sienna.Beautiful area with all home produced food and wine.

#5 1-11-2018 5:33 AM

GiovanniBenvenuto
Kathleen
Italy
Posts: 12

Re: 7 days in Tuscany

Tuscany is a great place to visit, I went there last year. We also hired a rental service and tour guide to make the most out of our time. We hired Benvenuto Limos, for car rental and guide, you can also check them out. At Tuscany, you shouldn't miss exploring the vineyards at the Tenuta dell’Ornellaia estate in the coastal region of Maremma, capped off with a tasting of its prized Merlot Masseto.
Sinking your teeth into a rare bistecca alla fiorentina from famed butcher-cum-tavern Antica Macelleria Cecchini in Chianti (pair it with a glass of local red).
Admiring the nearly 700-year-old Masaccio frescoes of Adam and Eve that decorate the 14th-century Brancacci chapel in Florence’s Santa Maria del Carmine church.
Catching a glance of the ever-iconic Leaning Tower in Pisa.
I hope this helps.
Happy journey smile

#6 1-12-2018 2:17 AM

MarioBG
Mario
Johannesburg, South Africa
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer
Posts: 426

Re: 7 days in Tuscany

Florence would be a good base point. Incredible town and easy access to nearby towns

#7 1-22-2018 6:45 AM

elenasimons
California, United States
Posts: 3

Re: 7 days in Tuscany

Yes, an excellent impression leaves after a visit smile

Last edited by elenasimons (1-24-2018 3:00 AM)

Board footer