#1 12-4-2017 1:46 PM

Dominical, Costa Rica
Couch Potato
Posts: 18

7 days in Tuscany

Hey fellow travelers! I am planning a birthday getaway for my family and I to Tuscany in May. I've never traveled to Italy but its always been a dream to see the Tuscan countryside. As I am just now sorting out travel details, I wanted to reach out and see if you had an advice on what town we should call home base for the week long vacation. We plan on renting a car so we can drive around to see several vineyards and towns during our stay.

Also, if you have any tips or must see spots I'd love to hear them! Thank you!

#2 12-4-2017 2:38 PM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Nomad
Posts: 959

Re: 7 days in Tuscany

If you have a car it doesn't matter where you stay, certainly search a place outside the city as most cities in Italy is ZTL Zona Traffico Limitato (restricted traffic zone).

For example if you can find an airbnb outside the city of Siena would be an ideal place to base. Tuscany is beautiful and is necessary to have a car if you want to see some vineyards

#3 12-6-2017 1:08 PM

ahouseofsparrows
Crystal
Dominical, Costa Rica
Couch Potato
Posts: 18

Re: 7 days in Tuscany

Thank you for your tips. We've found a few Airbnbs that look beautiful so I think we'll go that route and definitely rent a car.

#4 12-7-2017 8:18 PM

pilgrim68
Chris
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IV
Explorer
Posts: 1362

Re: 7 days in Tuscany

we stayed in an agroturismo near Sienna.Beautiful area with all home produced food and wine.

Board footer