#1 11-12-2017 2:00 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad

Walking tours in Bogota

Hi all,

Has anyone of you had experience on walking tours in Bogota, I read it can take 3 to 4 hours. Can you share your experience.

Thank you in advance!

#2 11-12-2017 5:22 PM

danly
Perth, Australia
Couch Potato

Re: Walking tours in Bogota

I'll be there next week. Looks like there is a free one that departs at 10am and 2pm at Museo del Oro by a group called Beyond Colombia.

#3 11-13-2017 8:25 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad

danly wrote:

I'll be there next week. Looks like there is a free one that departs at 10am and 2pm at Museo del Oro by a group called Beyond Colombia.

Let me know how it is, i’ll be in Colombia the first week of december. I’ve seen reviews of free walking tours on Tripadvisor it seems pretty good

Last edited by shavy (11-13-2017 1:58 PM)

#4 11-13-2017 10:10 AM

leavinggringolandia
Brittany
Cali, Colombia
Couch Potato

I haven't done the walking tour but I've heard good things about it. I used to live in Bogotá and that area is really walkable and everything is pretty close so I imagine you'll just walk for 10 or so minutes at a time and then stop for a while. I had someone give me an unofficial tour of the area and it took about the same amount of time.

#5 11-13-2017 11:29 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Nomad

leavinggringolandia wrote:

I haven't done the walking tour but I've heard good things about it. I used to live in Bogotá and that area is really walkable and everything is pretty close so I imagine you'll just walk for 10 or so minutes at a time and then stop for a while. I had someone give me an unofficial tour of the area and it took about the same amount of time.

Hi Brittany,

I see you live in Cali, we'll have one night in Cali, can you recommend of things to do in Cali?

From Cali we're going to Pereira. Can you recommend which bus to take to Pereira, I've done some research on transportation in Colombia, but is always better to have some advice from locals smile thanks

#6 11-15-2017 11:00 AM

leavinggringolandia
Brittany
Cali, Colombia
Couch Potato

shavy wrote:

Hi Brittany,

I see you live in Cali, we'll have one night in Cali, can you recommend of things to do in Cali?

From Cali we're going to Pereira. Can you recommend which bus to take to Pereira, I've done some research on transportation in Colombia, but is always better to have some advice from locals smile thanks

Of course! If you're staying in Cali (especially just for one night) the best neighborhood to stay in is San Antonio. It's where most of the hostels are and it has a lot of colonial buildings, cool cafés and restaurants, some bars. You can hang out in San Antonio Park, a lot of people go there in the evening and it has a really nice view of the city. If you want to go out there are some bars in the area and La Topa Tolondra is a salsa club that's really popular with foreigners and locals. There are other types of bars and clubs scattered throughout the city. El Gato is a tourist attraction that's walking distance and Cristo Rey isn't too far away.

As far as buses, I usually go with Bolivariano or Expreso Palmira. They're both comfortable and professional. The only thing is that the wifi doesn't work like 50% of the time.

Let me know if you have any questions! smile

#7 11-15-2017 11:14 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Nomad

Brittany, we staying in Western Texas Hotel I check google maps is about 25 minutes walk to San Antonio, I look for hotel in San Antonio. Thank you so much for your help

Board footer