#1 11-12-2017 2:00 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 1146

Walking tours in Bogota

Hi all,

Has anyone of you had experience on walking tours in Bogota, I read it can take 3 to 4 hours. Can you share your experience.

Thank you in advance!

 

#2 11-12-2017 5:22 PM

danly
Perth, Australia
Couch Potato
Posts: 33

Re: Walking tours in Bogota

I'll be there next week. Looks like there is a free one that departs at 10am and 2pm at Museo del Oro by a group called Beyond Colombia.

 

#3 11-13-2017 8:25 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 1146

Re: Walking tours in Bogota

danly wrote:

I'll be there next week. Looks like there is a free one that departs at 10am and 2pm at Museo del Oro by a group called Beyond Colombia.

Let me know how it is, i’ll be in Colombia the first week of december. I’ve seen reviews of free walking tours on Tripadvisor it seems pretty good

Last edited by shavy (11-13-2017 1:58 PM)

 

#4 11-13-2017 10:10 AM

leavinggringolandia
Brittany
Cali, Colombia
Couch Potato
Posts: 17

Re: Walking tours in Bogota

I haven't done the walking tour but I've heard good things about it. I used to live in Bogotá and that area is really walkable and everything is pretty close so I imagine you'll just walk for 10 or so minutes at a time and then stop for a while. I had someone give me an unofficial tour of the area and it took about the same amount of time.

 

#5 11-13-2017 11:29 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 1146

Re: Walking tours in Bogota

leavinggringolandia wrote:

I haven't done the walking tour but I've heard good things about it. I used to live in Bogotá and that area is really walkable and everything is pretty close so I imagine you'll just walk for 10 or so minutes at a time and then stop for a while. I had someone give me an unofficial tour of the area and it took about the same amount of time.

Hi Brittany,

I see you live in Cali, we'll have one night in Cali, can you recommend of things to do in Cali?

From Cali we're going to Pereira. Can you recommend which bus to take to Pereira, I've done some research on transportation in Colombia, but is always better to have some advice from locals smile thanks

 

#6 11-15-2017 11:00 AM

leavinggringolandia
Brittany
Cali, Colombia
Couch Potato
Posts: 17

Re: Walking tours in Bogota

shavy wrote:

Hi Brittany,

I see you live in Cali, we'll have one night in Cali, can you recommend of things to do in Cali?

From Cali we're going to Pereira. Can you recommend which bus to take to Pereira, I've done some research on transportation in Colombia, but is always better to have some advice from locals smile thanks

Of course! If you're staying in Cali (especially just for one night) the best neighborhood to stay in is San Antonio. It's where most of the hostels are and it has a lot of colonial buildings, cool cafés and restaurants, some bars. You can hang out in San Antonio Park, a lot of people go there in the evening and it has a really nice view of the city. If you want to go out there are some bars in the area and La Topa Tolondra is a salsa club that's really popular with foreigners and locals. There are other types of bars and clubs scattered throughout the city. El Gato is a tourist attraction that's walking distance and Cristo Rey isn't too far away.

As far as buses, I usually go with Bolivariano or Expreso Palmira. They're both comfortable and professional. The only thing is that the wifi doesn't work like 50% of the time.

Let me know if you have any questions! smile

 

#7 11-15-2017 11:14 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 1146

Re: Walking tours in Bogota

Brittany, we staying in Western Texas Hotel I check google maps is about 25 minutes walk to San Antonio, I look for hotel in San Antonio. Thank you so much for your help

 

#8 11-21-2017 11:11 AM

leavinggringolandia
Brittany
Cali, Colombia
Couch Potato
Posts: 17

Re: Walking tours in Bogota

shavy wrote:

Brittany, we staying in Western Texas Hotel I check google maps is about 25 minutes walk to San Antonio, I look for hotel in San Antonio. Thank you so much for your help

Western Texas Hotel is also in a good area, called Granada, but it's a little more upscale. There are a lot of trendy bars and restaurants in the area.

 

#9 11-21-2017 11:38 PM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 1146

Re: Walking tours in Bogota

leavinggringolandia wrote:

Western Texas Hotel is also in a good area, called Granada, but it's a little more upscale. There are a lot of trendy bars and restaurants in the area.

I look the location of Western Texas Hotel it seems good and close to bus station. The El Gato Park is just a short walk.

I have another question: do you have experience with budget airlines in Colombia such as Viva Colombia and Easyfly airlines? I book a few domestic flights with these airlines to avoid long distance buses.....and I book all our accommodation in Colombia I heard the busiest season start from 15 december till half january

My only concern is we're going to Tyrona National Park on Christmas Day, I read the entrance ticket is limited. Is it possible to buy the ticket in advance?

 

#10 12-3-2017 7:28 PM

danly
Perth, Australia
Couch Potato
Posts: 33

Re: Walking tours in Bogota

Walking tour - there are two groups that do it.

One leaves Museo D'Oro at 10am and 2pm
There is a walking food tour that Leaves at 2pm from the same place, run by the same guys.
- Both very popular

Another walking tour leaves Chorro De Quevedo at 10am and 2pm as well (I didn't go on this one)

 

#11 12-4-2017 12:27 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 1146

Re: Walking tours in Bogota

danly wrote:

Walking tour - there are two groups that do it.

One leaves Museo D'Oro at 10am and 2pm
There is a walking food tour that Leaves at 2pm from the same place, run by the same guys.
- Both very popular

Another walking tour leaves Chorro De Quevedo at 10am and 2pm as well (I didn't go on this one)

Thank you for getting back here Danly!

I book the free walking tour that leaves at Museo D'oro at 10am for sunday, sounds good according to all reviews at Tripadvisor. Enjoy your trip over there

 

Board footer

Powered by PunBB
© Copyright 2002–2008 PunBB