#26 11-8-2017 8:19 AM

Re: US Travel

I like Delta. When booking your tickets in the US, always check to see if it is less expensive to do it as individual tickets or as a multi-city ticket. Once in a while they surprise you.

#27 11-8-2017 11:33 PM

Lusine
Lusine
Los Angeles, California
Posts: 4

Re: US Travel

First of all, book  your flights asap.

Also plan your trip   whit online sites.

#28 11-9-2017 9:33 AM

Toonsarah
Sarah
London Borough of Ealing, United Kingdom
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Sightseer
Posts: 64

Re: US Travel

I agree with the others about spending a bit more time in Seattle rather than trying to add anywhere else. There's plenty to see and do. If the weather is clear go up the Space Needle (go first thing in the morning for cheaper admission). The historic area around Pioneer Square is interesting and you can do an underground tour (the city was once much lower than it is now and the old buildings are still down there!) Pike Place Market will keep you occupied for a couple of hours too, and if you're lucky with the weather you could take a boat ride perhaps. Plus loads of museums (though we ran out of time and didn't visit any!)

#29 11-9-2017 1:15 PM

katzgar
Award: Vox Populi II
Wanderer
Posts: 290

Re: US Travel

use this site https://www.airfarewatchdog.com/  and Kayak.com and southwests site to look at tickets.

#30 11-9-2017 4:30 PM

cynthiasmiller
Cindy
Seattle, Washington
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi I
Posts: 152

Re: US Travel

Enjoy my favorite city in the world!!!  I love Seattle, but be prepared for rain this time of year.  If you had more time, I would suggest a road trip from Washington to Arizona.  Not a whole lot of sites and cities, but the scenery is out of this world, and there are so many fantastic parks in the American West.  Alas, you're short on time, so you will definitely need to fly since WA and AZ are so far apart.

#31 11-10-2017 10:07 AM

MaryJane1995
Posts: 28

#32 11-10-2017 1:05 PM

Kathrin_E
Kathrin
Karlsruhe, Germany
Award: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 248

Re: US Travel

Listing the must-see places in America? What did your last slave die of?

#33 11-13-2017 8:22 AM

Thanks you if anyone reply me.

What part of the states are you going to see, what are you interested in, and what time of the year are you planning to visit?

#34 11-13-2017 8:42 AM

sarahelaine
Sarah Elaine
Manchester, England
Globetrotter
Posts: 5984

Dymphna wrote:

Thanks you if anyone reply me.

Yep!  Saying "what are the most see places in the USA" is a bit like saying "what are the must see places in the world?" - you literally don't have a long enough life to see everything that everyone views as a must see.  Nature? City break? A full month to move around, or a weekend? Any specific interests? I spent two years working in Massachusetts and I feel like I've seen less than half a percent of everything I would like to.

#35 11-13-2017 11:56 AM

sarahelaine wrote:

Dymphna wrote:

Thanks you if anyone reply me.

And a trip to the beach depends upon what time of year you are coming.

#36 11-20-2017 8:10 AM

kevindd992002
Kevin Mychal
Philippines
Posts: 10

Re: US Travel

Oops, sorry, I've been caught up with work and forgot to reply to my own thread!

Anyway, like I said we already have tickets from Seattle to Phoenix so there's that.

Do you guys think it would be worth it to give one day in Oregon and stay there for the night and go back to Seattle in the morning?

Oh! And we're planning to watch Star Wars on the 15th in Seattle with my friend. Is ti advisable to do online pre-bookings for it? You know how crazy Star Wars can get, at least in our country.

@Toonsarah

Thanks for the suggestions. I'll definitely consider those places.

#37 Yesterday 7:40 AM

NickelP
Nicole
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Vox Populi IAward: Spambuster I
Posts: 124

Re: US Travel

Portland is definitely worth a side trip, but you may find you have enough to see and do around Seattle. It's easy enough to get to from Seattle being a straight shoot down the I5, so you can just wing it and decide once you're in Seattle if you have the time.

I'm not a Star Wars fans but it seems pretty much all of my friends are and they have already bought their advance tickets so if you for sure want to see it while you are in Seattle it might be recommended especially since that is I believe the 2nd night.

Board footer