#1 10-12-2017 3:05 AM

Posts: 7

What budget can help me for my trip to europe ?

Hi ,
I plan to visit europe , maybe czech or spain , next year 2018
What budget should i consider to stay there for 10 days in your opinion ?

#2 10-12-2017 3:50 AM

sarahelaine
Sarah Elaine
Manchester, England
Globetrotter
Posts: 5944

Re: What budget can help me for my trip to europe ?

What level of comfort do you view as ok - are you already on couch surfing? Hostel or hotel? Happy to take night trains to skip needing a hotel or after a bit more comfort?

Is it important to you to eat out a lot (it's half the point of the trip for me, others don't care) or are you content to eat noodles and supermarket sandwiches?

Do you want to see the inside of palaces and major museums or are you content to see the outsides and not pay for entrance?

#3 10-12-2017 4:01 AM

ulis
Uli
Vienna, Austria
Wanderer
Posts: 349

Re: What budget can help me for my trip to europe ?

It depends very much on place and season. Czech and Spain for hostel beds € 10 to € 20, hotel rooms from € 30. Restaurant from € 10, streetfood from € 3. Transportation cheapest is usually bus, paricular if booked early (but in Spain or the Balkan states not much difference or not possible) and if booked very early plane can be very cheap.

#4 10-12-2017 6:22 AM

Re: What budget can help me for my trip to europe ?

I know about couchsurfing , and i have an account , but i can't use it , i need a hostel (for visa proccess) ...

#5 10-12-2017 8:17 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Nomad
Posts: 812

Re: What budget can help me for my trip to europe ?

If museums are not included you can travel cheaply. I don't like spending money on museums either

A trip in Spain beyond the tourist sites not really expensive. You can reasonably spend around 35-50 euros a day. Pension or hostel are the cheapest accommodation - the Spanish pensions are generally of very good quality with modern facilities and a pleasant service.

Czech is cheaper than Spain. Food, transport and hostel are lower comparing to Spain.

#6 10-12-2017 12:46 PM

Sept922
Award: Community LeaderAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster I
Explorer
Posts: 1646

Re: What budget can help me for my trip to europe ?

Sarah asked the important questions. I found Spain recently to be quite affordable but that all depends on the person's desires. 100 euro a day for me is too much for someone else. There were days when I ate cheaply and spent 20 euros or less the whole day for food and drink. There are small local eateries and small shops where I can get a small sandwich and a drink for 5 euro. A bottle of wine for 1 euro and a couple of loaves of bread for a euro or there is always fast food. The local bars will usually make you a small meal with a drink for better than fast food prices.
The biggest issue to me is your room cost. If you get that under your budget then you will be OK. I was in Mallorca and Barcelona and I found good prices for food.  In smaller places I am sure it will be better.

#7 10-12-2017 1:43 PM