#1 10-6-2017 8:10 AM

siank73
United Kingdom
Couch Potato

Cambodia - Siem Reap

Hi,

I'll planning my Cambodia trip soon, I'll be in Siem Reap for 4 days 3 nights

How should I spend my time there, any recommendations? must see places, eating places etc

#2 10-6-2017 8:45 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad

Re: Cambodia - Siem Reap

You can spend your 4 days in Angkor, but for me 1 or 2 day was more than enough. I went to Tonle Sap Lake, its really worth to see the Cambodians living in the lake ( floating village) you can can also see the floating forrest.

Is easy if you book this tour in one of agencies in Siem Reap everything is organize with transportation. The pub street in the evening and the night market.

I have a blog of Cambodia if your interested

Last edited by shavy (10-6-2017 8:46 AM)

#3 10-6-2017 9:42 AM

siank73
United Kingdom
Couch Potato

Thanks for your feedback Belinda

I will take a look at your blog also

#4 10-6-2017 9:55 AM

ulis
Uli
Vienna, Austria
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer

The new entrance fees for Ankor are $37 for 1 day and $62 for 3 days, the area is very big 1 day is not really enough, the Siem Reap is quite interresting as wll Tonle Sap
https://www.visit-angkor.org/blog/2017/ … s-details/

Last edited by ulis (10-6-2017 9:55 AM)

#5 10-6-2017 9:57 AM

pfsmalo
Paul
Saint Malo, France
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist

There is one sight really not to miss but early in the morning : the sun rising over Angkor Wat with the lake in front, but of course best at sunrise around 6am. I would also take a day trip out to places like Banteay Srei temple. Not many tourists out here, there is also a hike through a nearby forest alongside a river (with pools for swimming) up to another temple with a massive reclining Buddha. There is another temple in the main area but I can't remember its name, where there is the climb up for the sunset over te main Angkor temple and the forest.

#6 10-7-2017 2:56 AM

pilgrim68
Chris
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IV
Explorer

As with the capital the FCC here is a nice place.

#7 10-7-2017 3:20 AM

davejo
david
Puerto Princesa City, Philippines
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug I
Sightseer

Of course when you visit Angkor Wat some people are more interested in the temples than others. I spent more or less 12 hours there and felt i had seen enough. Good advice above about visiting Tonle Sap and the floating villages, and of course spend a night on Pub Street. There is one bar called Temple Club where there is a free Aspara dance show beginning at 7 pm each evening. I was there in 2007 and again this year and it is well worth seeing while you dine.

#8 10-13-2017 2:11 AM

siank73
United Kingdom
Couch Potato

thanks for all your suggestions, i'm looking forward to my south east asia trip at the end of the year

Belinda i did read your blog on cambodia, very helpful, thx

Last edited by siank73 (10-13-2017 2:13 AM)

Board footer