#1 9-26-2017 8:49 AM

Maurizioago
Maurizio
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IVAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Tourist
Posts: 146

Regions on Travbuddy.

I know there are  no regions in Travbuddy's database. Ok; there are no Italians regions. So that I am not able to write any tips about the region where I live (Trentino Alto Adige) for instance.

I've discoverd some minutes ago that Transylvania is in Tb's database. If my memory serves me well, Transylvania is a Romania' 's  region. Am I right?

Could somebody explain to me this odd thing?

Thanks!

Last edited by Maurizioago (9-26-2017 11:36 AM)

#2 9-26-2017 7:53 PM

spocklogic
Brian
Poquoson, Virginia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Explorer
Posts: 4394

Re: Regions on Travbuddy.

It would be impossible to include placenames of everything on earth in a database, but most well known place are there, even if a region. This is probably the case for Transylvania because it is a famous place or a member created the placename here. Fortunately, it is possible to create a placename on TravBuddy, but one must be careful to use correct spelling and decimal coordinates, otherwise this creates incorrect entries, of which there are some on TravBuddy. You can make the placename regions of Italy if you wish to do so:

See my TravBuddy-102 Guide, Part 3: TravBuddy add location map