#1 9-22-2017 8:12 AM

gingerbatik
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IVAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)

Upload photos

Hi there,

Is there any problem with tb program??
it seems I could not load any photos since yesterday.  I tried 4 times now without result.
Can anybody advise what to do. thanks.

cheers

#2 9-22-2017 8:15 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Nomad
Posts: 828

Re: Upload photos

I upload my photos yesterday evening on my hotel reviews. I haven't tried today yet smile

#3 9-22-2017 8:16 AM

pfsmalo
Paul
Saint Malo, France
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 112

Re: Upload photos

I loaded some yesterday without problems.I wrote the review first and then saved it. I then went to the switch on the review "add photos" and there it worked. I have had the same problem with loading photos at the same time as writing the review, and now use the above method. Hope it helps.

#4 9-22-2017 8:26 AM

Re: Upload photos

thanks shavy and pfsmalo.  It seems I still cannot upload photos:(
hopefull it will be fix soon.

#5 9-22-2017 9:05 AM

ulis
Uli
Vienna, Austria
Wanderer
Posts: 362

Re: Upload photos

Problems uploading my photos i have sometimes when traveling and the wifi is a bit slow, at home i have a fast internet and no problems uploading,

#6 9-22-2017 11:20 AM

Re: Upload photos

ulis, can you upload now?
I just wondering.
I am at home now and still cannot upload photos.
When I press add photos - the files come up to up load photos.
I can put the photos and then press upload.
It was upload but after that no photos show, only said published photos and then the photos did not show in the blog.

Ps. I can upload photos manually now using simple uploader, one by one:(

Last edited by gingerbatik (9-22-2017 11:31 AM)

#7 9-22-2017 1:10 PM

ulis
Uli
Vienna, Austria
Wanderer
Posts: 362

Re: Upload photos

i just did a test upload, it did take seconds.

had been uploading about 400 yesterday and some more today morning (european time).
either your connection is slow or something with your computer, try using a different browser, maybe that helps.

Last edited by ulis (9-23-2017 11:20 PM)

#8 9-22-2017 3:35 PM

planxty
Fergy
London, England
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIIAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 145

Re: Upload photos

I have loaded a few this evening with no problem, not large amounts but it all seems to be going well enough.

#9 9-22-2017 5:33 PM

DaveSwede
Batam, Indonesia
Award: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Vox Populi IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 140

gingerbatik wrote:

ulis, can you upload now?
I just wondering.
I am at home now and still cannot upload photos.
When I press add photos - the files come up to up load photos.
I can put the photos and then press upload.

Ps. I can upload photos manually now using simple uploader, one by one:(

I have this problem on TB several times.  At first I thought it was a problem with TB blocking me, then I thought it was a problem with my internet browser cache needing to be cleared.  Neither seem to be the problem.  Then I thought it had to do with the IP address that I logged in on since it appeared to work from some locations, but not from others.  In honesty, I have not found the true culprit yet.

Same thing happens for me when I try to post to the forums - sometimes I get error messages for a few days, then at the end, like magic, I can post again.

#10 10-13-2017 5:25 AM

stefmuts
Stefanie
Neerpelt, Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIAward: Critic IAward: Writer IAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 1313

Re: Upload photos

I had this problem a while ago and changed browser (IE to Chrome) solved it and next time all worked fine in IE again

#11 10-15-2017 1:04 PM

spocklogic
Brian
Poquoson, Virginia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 4399

Re: Upload photos

Eric updated the photo uploader on March 15, 2017. This seemed to take care of the majority of issues members were having with uploading photos. Reference link:

#12 10-15-2017 4:17 PM

Andy99
Andrew
Springfield, Virginia
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIAward: Vox Populi IVAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Posts: 2423

Re: Upload photos

There is something going on with the TravBuddy server at certain times of the day. I was not able to upload photos on Friday evening or this evening (US EST) but could do so on Saturday evening. An Internal Server Error is received. I think the server needs to be reset periodically.

#13 10-15-2017 4:32 PM

spocklogic
Brian
Poquoson, Virginia
Posts: 4399

Andy99 wrote:

I would sometimes get that error in the past, but ever since Eric updated the photo uploader, my photo uploads have gone flawlessly. No doubt servers need periodic reset though. As far as I know, the servers are in California somewhere.

Board footer