#1 9-15-2017 4:47 AM

world-traveller123
JR
Thunder Bay, Canada
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IVAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad

Destination suggestions for 10 days

I have about 9 to 10 days off in mid October. at this time, undecided of where to go. i only have about 8 to 9 days for travel.
i want to go somewhere i have not been before
limited time to travel, but maybe i could still do a quick international, I am in Canada. outside of North America
these are the countries i been to

Argentina, Australia, Austria, Bahamas, Barbados, Belarus, Belgium, Belize, Bosnia And Herzegovina, Brazil, Canada, Cayman Islands, Chile, Croatia, Denmark, Dominican Republic, Ecuador, Finland, France, Germany, Gibraltar, Greece, Honduras, Hungary, Italy, Japan, Liechtenstein, Mexico, Monaco, Montenegro, Netherlands, Netherlands Antilles, Paraguay, Peru, Poland, Puerto Rico, Russia, Saint Kitts And Nevis, Saint Lucia, Serbia, Slovenia, South Korea, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, Turks And Caicos, United Kingdom, United States, United States Virgin Islands, Uruguay, Vatican City

also been to most of the Canadian Provinces and almost all the USA States. except just 9, being alaska, new england states, vermont etc,

so suggestions. really open to anything. thanks

#2 9-15-2017 5:33 AM

EEEhehehe
AljaĆŸ
Vipolze, Slovenia
Sightseer

Re: Destination suggestions for 10 days

maybe visit 2-3 USA states, so you only have 6 left then smile since is close to you.

otherwise Iceland maybe with a direct flight from CAN.  Ive been there in October and it was pretty cool.

#3 9-15-2017 7:20 AM

shavy
Belinda
Belgium
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IIIAward: Critic IVAward: Writer IIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: AmbassadorAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi IIIAward: Spambuster IAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Nomad

How about Mexico or Southeast Asia like Bangkok, Kuala Lumpur, Saigon and etc. So many places in the world to choose to. Even for one week is all worth it

Last edited by shavy (9-15-2017 7:21 AM)

#4 9-15-2017 7:37 AM

fransglobal
Francis
Award: Community LeaderAward: Photographer IAward: Critic IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: Bedbug IIIAward: Vox Populi VAward: Spambuster IIIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Globetrotter

DPRK?

#5 9-15-2017 7:39 AM

grandmar
RosalieAnn
Leonardtown, Maryland
Award: Photographer IIAward: Critic IIAward: Writer IIIAward: Happy Happy HappyAward: TravelpedianAward: Bedbug IAward: Vox Populi IIAward: Most Helpful Hotel Reviewer (Past Winner)
Wanderer

Before Hurricane Irma I would have suggested Cuba. 

I think October would be good in Portugal and you don't mention having been to Ireland

#6 9-15-2017 8:36 AM

maykal
Michael
Saint Andrews, Scotland
Award: Photographer IAward: Critic IIAward: Bedbug I
Sightseer

When I'm not sure where to go, I start by looking at flight options from my closest major airport. For you, would that be Toronto? This website is quite useful, showing where you can go from any airport, how often flights are, which airlines etc. http://www.flightconnections.com/

With 8/9 days, you probably don't want to spend too long in airports and dealing with connecting flights, so have a look at places you can fly directly from Toronto. From the map on that link, I can see quite a few interesting places that you don't seem to have been to yet...Azores, mainland Portugal, Iceland, Ireland,  Colombia, Guyana...all within 6-7 hours flying time.

Board footer